Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Lee Obs.

HWY316wx

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS already issued a flood warning for Swannanoa River in Biltmore.

FLOOD WARNING FOR THE SWANNANOA RIVER IN NC AT BILTMORE.* FROM LATE TONIGHT TO WEDNESDAY EVENING...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED.* AT 10:00 AM MONDAY THE STAGE WAS 2.0 FEET.* FLOOD STAGE IS 10.0 FEET.* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.* FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY TOMORROW AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 13.0 FEET BY TOMORROW EVENING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Mostly cloudy with some haze. Rainfall.....none :lol:

I promised to send you a water filled cloud, but so far I haven't seen any :thumbsdown: I'm still looking, lol. Maybe today...or tonight...or maybe tomorrow...oh, wait, tomorrow the sun comes out...oh, well, at least it isn't 90!!! 75 with spitting drizzle like precip. T

.20 and not expecting much more than .50 total out of Lee in my neck of the woods. Sorry, Tony.

Well, my equally dry friend, I think your expectations seem about right, from the look of things. I've seen .14 since about this time yesterday when I was so excited to see some rain. Kind of anti-climatic, but it is cool, with rain still coming up from the sw, so I still have a bit of faith left in my zombie mojo :) T

I promised to send you a water filled cloud, but so far I haven't seen any :thumbsdown: I'm still looking, lol. Maybe today...or tonight...or maybe tomorrow...oh, wait, tomorrow the sun comes out...oh, well, at least it isn't 90!!! 75 with spitting drizzle like precip. T

Well, my equally dry friend, I think your expectations seem about right, from the look of things. I've seen .14 since about this time yesterday when I was so excited to see some rain. Kind of anti-climatic, but it is cool, with rain still coming up from the sw, so I still have a bit of faith left in my zombie mojo :) T

83/72 imby :) I'll take the cooler temps ;) I have faith in your zombie mojo and maybe I can match your .14 :wub:

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

1232 PM EDT MON SEP 5 2011

GAC045-143-223-051645-

/O.CON.KFFC.TO.W.0062.000000T0000Z-110905T1645Z/

PAULDING GA-CARROLL GA-HARALSON GA-

1232 PM EDT MON SEP 5 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1245 PM EDT FOR

NORTHEASTERN HARALSON...NORTH CENTRAL CARROLL AND SOUTHWESTERN

PAULDING COUNTIES...

AT 1228 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO

INDICATE A STORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO LOCATED NEAR

TEMPLE...MOVING NORTH AT 35 MPH.

I believe its just getting started. We have a whole lot more to go.

Heavy rain shifting east toward Boone, Jefferson and Sparta where it has been raining about all morning.

Guess we're banking on the front moving more east to get into the heavier precip?

Is it because Lee made it's extratropical transition earlier than expected?

As of right now I've received three inches less than what was progged at this point.

Guess we're banking on the front moving more east to get into the heavier precip?

As of right now I've received three inches less than what was progged at this point.

I am looking at the Florida Panhandle and the Gulf of Mexico is still just slinging moisture upwards. Today is just day 1 out of a few more to go..(IMO) No expert here..

I am look at the Florida Panhandle and the Gulf of Mexico is still just slinging moisture upwards. Today is just day 1 out of a few more to go..(IMO) No expert here..

That was what I was looking at. There are still some small thunderstorms developing in Florida, and I did not expect the heaviest rain to move into the Foothills and Piedmont of NC until the overnight hours Monday. The HRRR model still shows very high amounts of rain, and the RUC still shows over 1 inch of rain west of Charlotte through the period. It will be interesting to see what happens with this second batch of moisture that is moving up. I think that we may need to calm down and wait for just a few more hours before panicking to much. By the way, .36 storm total at my house in eastern Burke County NC.

There have been a couple of factors that have affected the forecast...first off, I 100 percent believe that Lee making an early extra-tropical transition caused the front to slow down resulting in the rain shield to form farther west than the models expected. I think the deep Southwest flow will give you guys in Cashiers more rainfall than it will us along the eastern escarpment. If Lee could have remained a true tropical entity, his rain shield would have remained a bit more consolidated and farther to the east.

Also, those same models were indicating a wedge-type feature that was going to establish itself over North Carolina that resulted in enhanced convergence east of the mountains...that was really a high risk, high reward part of the forecast for those in the Carolina Piedmont.

Anyone notice the outbreak of showers/storms over eastern North Carolina too?

I have. Nice of them to develop east of me.

Hopefully the stuff down near Columbia can make it NE and make sure all of NC gets at least some rain. Currently 81/73 with the sun trying to peek out and a couple minutes of sprinkles resulting in a T.

Archived