Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
T.S. Lee

HWY316wx

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid hit for many in need of rain on the 18z GFS. Lee is stalled in the GOM for a very lengthy amount of time through 180.

18zgfsp72int174.gif

Shortly after "Lee" goes through a stalling phase over the Northeast Gulf, a closed 500mb upper low develops over the Lower Mississippi River Valley and brings him due north...in other words, take these totals through 174 and likely double them through 240 hours...

93L is officially Cherry.

1. A LARGE AREA OF DISORGANIZED CLOUDINESS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE

SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO IS ASSOCIATED WITH A TROUGH OF LOW

PRESSURE. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE CURRENTLY UNFAVORABLE FOR

DEVELOPMENT...BUT ARE FORECAST TO BECOME MORE CONDUCIVE ON

THURSDAY...AND THIS SYSTEM COULD BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION

DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO. THIS SYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...60

PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS

AS IT MOVES SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD. INTERESTS ALONG THE ENTIRE

NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO COAST SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS

DISTURBANCE.

A good number of people west of Charlotte could use some substancial rainfall...Cleveland and Rutherford Counties in particular. Even where I live along the escarpment, we had a dry August.Of course anything over about 6 inches will result in flooding regardless.

Yea we are brutally dry here. I have received only 1.86" this month and haven't had rain since August 21st and that was only .2" I would love to get several inches of rain from this system.

And tonight's 0z Euro run still continues its more westerly track with Lee and says forget the SE.  Texas needs the rain this time.  Makes one wonder if the GFS will go back to its own solution or will it continue to follow suit with the Euro.  I'd like to see the original solution but those across the Deep South do need to be relieved somehow of that dreadful heatwave.  If only we had two features to work with to bring precipitation so that both areas could get some rain.  We'll see what happens over the course of this upcoming Labor Day weekend.

By the way, GGEM is also the same with the Euro but ramps up the system to a strong Cat. 2 at 966mb bringing in significant rainfall for parts of the Gulf Coast areas and Texas.

And tonight's 0z Euro run still continues its more westerly track with Lee and says forget the SE. Texas needs the rain this time. Makes one wonder if the GFS will go back to its own solution or will it continue to follow suit with the Euro. I'd like to see the original solution but those across the Deep South do need to be relieved somehow of that dreadful heatwave. If only we had two features to work with to bring precipitation so that both areas could get some rain. We'll see what happens over the course of this upcoming Labor Day weekend.

Actually...if you run a loop through the entire model run, the Euro never allows Lee to get all the way to the Texas Coast. Infact what he does is a counter-clockwise loop in the Northwestern Gulf then come day 7 he gets kicked ENE and accelerates into the Southeast...

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/euro/00zeuro850mbWinds_loop.html

Don't lose hope, they are completely awful until the storm actually forms.

It's obvious they are all having trouble resolving the track, I am not ready to throw in the towel for the SE but as someone pointed out, Texas needs rain too, so I guess we should be happy if this thing forms up some good rain and dumps it anywhere but Mexico.

<b></b>Actually...if you run a loop through the entire model run, the Euro never allows Lee to get all the way to the Texas Coast. Infact what he does is a counter-clockwise loop in the Northwestern Gulf then come day 7 he gets kicked ENE and accelerates into the Southeast...<b></b><b></b><a href='http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/euro/00zeuro850mbWinds_loop.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://raleighwx.ame...Winds_loop.html</a><b></b>

Ah now I see it.  Thanks for clearing that up for me Marion.  I've been having issues attempting to view all of the Euro's stuff (only getting out to the 192hr) for some reason on my friend's laptop so I assumed the Euro had done what it did previously. Now that you mentioned about that counter-clockwise motion that the Euro does with Lee, it kind of reminds me what the HWRF is doing with him as well.

yeah, and 80% of Georgia is in the D3-D4 Drought, Extreme drought for 80% of Georgia. Yes, Texas is worse, but Georgia is pretty awful right now too..... I'd rather have my home state get some relief before Texas.... The Georgia drought is being neglected due to the one in Texas. Reality is Georgia is suffering too and in any other season it would be much bigger news. 30% increase in Extreme coverage since last week. The drought is worsening around here, we need relief fast. If we don't get widespread rains soon we will see exceptional drought start to pop up in GA.

New Euro has 5 plus inches total for all of northern/central GA/AL and into western SC and far SW NC....pinch me, I must be dreaming. I do feel sorry for TX though, they are feeling what we felt when initially the models teased us with rain from Irene.

I'll believe it when this system makes it turn to the northeast and is on a collision course with us. I've been faked out by models before so we shall see. lol

New Euro has 5 plus inches total for all of northern/central GA/AL and into western SC and far SW NC....pinch me, I must be dreaming. I do feel sorry for TX though, they are feeling what we felt when initially the models teased us with rain from Irene.

Nice work over in the 93L thread. Do you think the models are going to start shifting to a general NE trend or is it still to early?

12z model suite seems back on board for sending possible Lee towards the Louisiana and then slowly inland the Interior Southeast...Euro infact dissolves Lee just inland and allows Katia to get a little too close for comfort.

IMO, we're likely to have a lopsided feature dumping a ton of run along the Gulf Coast and heading inland for next week...

I'll believe it when this system makes it turn to the northeast and is on a collision course with us. I've been faked out by models before so we shall see. lol

The key in my view is the front that will track south out of the Ohio Valley and stall out in the SE. That will focus the moisture in the SE and enhance the rain chances such that you don't have to rely on the perfect path of the tropical system.

Archived