amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
September 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An FYI for those that were not following the thread in the main forum...

After a few delays, the para NAM is expected to become OP on Sept. 20th.

Also...

-The RSM will finally be put out of it's misery on Sept. 13th.

-The Rapid Refresh is set to replace the RUC in November.

So will sites like twisterdata automatically display info from the para nam after that date?

Monday is going to feel like an arctic outbreak, compared to what we've seen here the past 4 days (including today)...

Labor Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. North northwest wind between 8 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

:wub:

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Labor Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. North wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

That is going to feel awesome!

Just pinged the 30th 90+ day for Lima. Powerball is probably jealous :weight_lift: .

Nah, Detroit probably isn't too far off, and we're at 93*F right now.

Besides that, heat advisory has been issued for Detroit until 8 PM tonight, Highs in the mid 90s are expected (the dry grounds are helping too).

Looks to be the last official heatwave of the summer. It's a gorgeous day too, hardly a cloud in the sky.There was some very thin altostratus up to the N/NW from the MCS in Central Michigan late morning, but they have cleared out.

And to top it all off, I'm simply salivating at the mouth over the possibility of ending this perfect day with some good t'storms.

Monday is going to feel like an arctic outbreak, compared to what we've seen here the past 4 days (including today)...

Labor Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. North northwest wind between 8 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

:wub:

Man that's gonna feel noice!! Gonna be a great day to be out fishing or whatever.

Awful today at the Purdue game. I bailed in the third quarter after it looked like they were going to go down in flames. It was 98 on the car thermometer.

Of course Purdue came alive in the fourth for the win. The good news is I got a sweet shot of the second quarter Purdue TD so I have something to turn in to the paper.

Triple digits (100) at CVG today. First time since Friday August 24th, 2007 (the day I interviewed for a job that eventually brought me down here).

Was just going to post this. August 2007 must have been brutal in Cincy... 5 100+ days.

Anyways, this was a pretty impressive heat wave, especially for September. Dayton's 98 yesterday was the hottest there since 1999!

Per ILX Springfield, IL had an "unexpected" 100 degree day today (hit it at 2:21 PM), breaking the previous record for today of 99 set originally in 1913 and again in 1925 ("only" mid-90s were expected). Temps fell rapidly after 5:30 when an outflow boundary (with gusty winds, clouds but no rain at that time) came through--dropping temps from what seemed to still be upper 90s at 5PM to 81 by about 6:30. Now it's 72. And my part of the city got jipped on rain again--had a good shower come through when trying to take a walk at a park in the south Springfield municipality of Southern View this evening, cutting that short--but next to nothing where I live (2 miles from that park).

Springfield and Lawrenceville were the only recorded 100+ temps today in the ILX county warning area--Lawrenceville hit 101 16 minutes after Springfield's 100.

Four record highs in a row here in Springfield--and today was the third century mark-plus reading (102 Thursday, 101 yesterday and today's 100) as the ILX record event report linked below mentions:

http://www.crh.noaa....on=1&glossary=0

Archived