northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high/low temp today at ORD (65/52) were the coolest readings since June 12th (64/50).

The high temp was also 3F off the record low max temp for this day (62/1909).

Tied the record low max here which is 63.

Was down to 43 here but 44 as of the 5am ob.

Cadillac and Grayling has managed to make it down to 32! That is the coldest spots i could find in LM at this hour. Unsure about the UP?

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd half of September isn't a bit warmer than normal, but I think that is just a passage of a pretty non-descriptive pattern right now. Once the funny stuff ends mid-month, we could have a few nice summer type days thrown in to enjoy before the season turns much cooler around October 1st. I suspect we will have a chance of a very cold pattern to at least persistantly below average for all of October.

Just checked Accuweather (for what's its worth) a moment ago and their 15-day extended forecast for Springfield, IL is hinting at the return of upper 80s/near-90 temps here around Sept. 17--the last "official" weekend of summer. Not surprising to me.

Quite the range in Ladysmith WI. :lol:

LADYSMITH CLEAR 42 41 95 CALM 30.25R

6HR MIN TEMP: -13; 6HR MAX TEMP: 93

Anyway, a few spots in northern Wisconsin had lows of 32º or lower this morning...

LAND O LAKES 6HR MIN TEMP: 30

EAGLE RIVER 6HR MIN TEMP: 32

TOMAHAWK 6HR MIN TEMP: 32

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd half of September isn't a bit warmer than normal, but I think that is just a passage of a pretty non-descriptive pattern right now. Once the funny stuff ends mid-month, we could have a few nice summer type days thrown in to enjoy before the season turns much cooler around October 1st. I suspect we will have a chance of a very cold pattern to at least persistantly below average for all of October.

Maybe some October snow, then, at least in the Upper Lakes and Midwest?:snowman:

Cloud cover from Lee firmly entrenched here. Thus, nothing spectacular as far as lows go. 52.

GFS around D7 has a backdoor coldfront and some subsequent chilly air. Looks like the 0c 850 line gets to the north shore of Lk Huron.

Yes, today was a dissapointment given sunshine had initially been forecast. By the way, now attending school in Toronto, so will be posting both her and in the upstate NY thread.

Archived