EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene - Discussion V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 160,000+ people with no power in CT. Still a long way to go.

That's not really a whole lot all things considered. In a few hours this storm will be past our latitude, so things will begin winding down at lunch time. I'm not far from the center of the storm, and it's not all that bad.

That's not really a whole lot all things considered. In a few hours this storm will be past our latitude, so things will begin winding down at lunch time. I'm not far from the center of the storm, and it's not all that bad.

???

Up to 200,000 now and the majority of this has occurred in just over 2 hours.

When I came back on at 4 there was just over 40K without power.

Best winds East but when the sun appears you will get rocked with mixed down winds, small peach trees in the city streets swaying winds

000 WTNT34 KNHC 281152 TCPAT4 BULLETIN HURRICANE IRENE INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 32A NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092011 800 AM EDT SUN AUG 28 2011 ...CENTER OF IRENE NEARING NEW YORK CITY... SUMMARY OF 800 AM EDT...1200 UTC...INFORMATION ---------------------------------------------- LOCATION...40.3N 74.1W ABOUT 40 MI...60 KM SSW OF NEW YORK CITY MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 20 DEGREES AT 25 MPH...41 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...963 MB...28.44 INCHES

Up to 380,000 now, large increase in short time.

Yeah guess it's probably going to get a lot worse inland as they still have hours left of the storm. Looks like the center of circulation is right on the south shore of Long Island now, so by 10-11 AM this thing should be north of the CT shore's latitude.

Archived