• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Hurricane Irene - Discussion V

Baroclinic Zone

I wonder if ern areas see stronger winds than near the center of landfall down by sw CT. It's quite possible.

Hazel made landfall in NC and stayed inland. NYC gusted to 113. I have vivid memories of that storm....very little rain but more wind in the NYC area vs the other big 2 that year (1954).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These things barely have rain on the east side of it. I barely had a drop from Gloria.

Are you old enough to remember Gloria? I remember being 8 and asking my third grade teacher if we could watch the news on a black and white television the wednesday before the hurricane.

I had a trace of rain at the onset, and that was it. And it was quite bright during the height of the winds.

Are you old enough to remember Gloria? I remember being 8 and asking my third grade teacher if we could watch the news on a black and white television the wednesday before the hurricane.

I had a trace of rain at the onset, and that was it. And it was quite bright during the height of the winds.

I was in first grade and remember it well. I lived in Brockton at the time.

The one time we WANT this to jog east like you read about...no way....but if this were ever progged to rape us, then you can bet your sack that it would be peeling of se of ACK as we speak....uncanny.

I don't think it would really matter unless you wanted rain and wind. Whether it is near the Hamptons or JFK...I think wind impacts would be similar.

The one time we WANT this to jog east like you read about...no way....but if this were ever progged to rape us, then you can bet your sack that it would be peeling of se of ACK as we speak....uncanny.

yeah dude feeling the same... i've been voyeuristically following Philly / NJ conditions, the widespread major flooding / multiple tornado warnings / huge power outages are unreal

Archived