Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Heat Wave Observations

Baroclinic Zone

how hot?

34C at 980mb at BOS - should be 39C in the 2-meter. Warmest grid yet for BOS....

But, not surprised actually. I stated in posts a couple of times that the BOS numbers would close gap relative to LGA as Friday neared. Typical NAM behavior. Now they are only 2C apart at that level on this run.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is we complain about this and a place like dallas is like this all summer..

how do people live there?

Hate to sound cliche but you get use to it. They do have more indoor cultural activities around there for the summer. I think their outdoorsy time of year winter outside of Blue Northers.

I wonder what's the hottest midnight temperature at Boston recorded....

I think I recall 86F on an 11pm broadcast once 20 years back but not sure -

Tonight will challenge that. Slow drop, high tds, probable 90 still at 9. Tomorrow should top 100...2 years in a row is impressive!

As long as I've got A/C...I'm loving it thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Today should be the hottest up here. We'll get a bit of a NW'erly component to the wind tomorrow as well as some lower dews...we'll stay above 90 through Saturday, but more likely lower 90's.

No AC here. But, we had wnw amcuh of the day. Hopefully that'll contineu.

89.0/74

This is just pure insanity... cannot think of any other way to describe it. Hit 75 (!!!) at the top of Mansfield, which is ridiculous to begin with, but also hit 93F down here in town at 800ft. That makes sense with the usual 15-20F reduction between the village and summit during peak heating hours. BTV hit 96F on the hourly observation but may have gone higher inbetween observations. Wow.

Last 24 hours... low of 65F, high of 93F. Easily the hottest day in the last year of living here.

I'm putting this one in the books:

High Temp: 91.3

High DP: 77

Top HI: 101

Currently, 89.4/74 with a refreshingly brisk west wind.

Tomorrow's zfp has lower 90's like today's did. Hope it peaks a little lower.

I don't know how you East Slopers stay so cool, lol. At comparable elevations we were 1-3F warmer up here on the East Slope of the Green Mountain Spine.

Some high temps at various elevations around here...

BTV (330ft)... at least 96F

Stowe Village (800ft)... 93F

MPV (Montpelier, 1,165ft)... 92F

Stowe Mountain Operations, Base of Ski Resort (1,550ft)... 90F

Bolton Valley (2,100ft)... 87F

Mansfield Summit Station (4,000ft)... 75F

Judging by these obs around this area, we saw ~6F change per 1,000ft in elevation today.

This is just pure insanity... cannot think of any other way to describe it. Hit 75 (!!!) at the top of Mansfield, which is ridiculous to begin with, but also hit 93F down here in town at 800ft. That makes sense with the usual 15-20F reduction between the village and summit during peak heating hours. BTV hit 96F on the hourly observation but may have gone higher inbetween observations. Wow.

Last 24 hours... low of 65F, high of 93F. Easily the hottest day in the last year of living here.

Enjoy the sizzle

I don't know how you East Slopers stay so cool, lol. At comparable elevations we were 1-3F warmer up here on the East Slope of the Green Mountain Spine.

Some high temps at various elevations around here...

BTV (330ft)... at least 96F

Stowe Village (800ft)... 93F

MPV (Montpelier, 1,165ft)... 92F

Stowe Mountain Operations, Base of Ski Resort (1,550ft)... 90F

Bolton Valley (2,100ft)... 87F

Mansfield Summit Station (4,000ft)... 75F

Judging by these obs around this area, we saw ~6F change per 1,000ft in elevation today.

It's the luck of the draw. I really wish I could cool off at night, though. Tough to do on the hilltops, though.

Down to 86,6/74. A steady decline--at least it'll be in the 70's by bed time.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the torch here IMBY... My home thermo recorded a (shielded) high of 91.4F, the closest mesonet hit 89.7 The tds are truly impressive, though... currently 77F

That is just nasty.

I was down in RI most of the day helping my mom and my car thermo only read 83F after sitting most of the day (in the shade, but still). She is on an island in the middle of Narrgansett Bay. The hottest I saw on my car themo was in ORH and Holden where it hit 95

Down to 84.0 now... soo humid though. AC staying on.

Hope the weenies have fun at the conf

:snowman:

High temp today was 77.1 with a dewpoint high of 72. Sun never fully made an appearance today - lots of low clouds and gusty sw winds. Not a good beach day - besides the lack of sun and warmth - the gusty winds made for very rough surf with strong rip currents.

High temp so far this year has been 89.7 back on July 12th.

Fully expecting to jump on the heat bandwagon tomorrow - big time! Until then - the a/c is off and the fan is in the closet.

Archived