• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave Observations

Baroclinic Zone

Okay, excluding elevations ... most climo sites are right at the threshold so count 1pm as entrance into criteria heat. Need 2 and 3pm obs to persist, and looking around that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Tip--what are the criteria? I will just say once again for the record that 1) I really don't like the heat and 2) I find tracking it incredibly boring. But, like is often said--enjoy the weather, it's the only weather we've got.

89.0/71 HI of 96. Unless something drastic happens, 90 is a sure hit. Meanwhile, though it's nice and comforatable in the shade on the deck with the stiff breeze blowing.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tip--what are the criteria? I will just say once again for the record that 1) I really don't like the heat and 2) I find tracking it incredibly boring. But, like is often said--enjoy the weather, it's the only weather we've got.

89.0/71 HI of 96. Unless something drastic happens, 90 is a sure hit. Meanwhile, though it's nice and comforatable in the shade on the deck with the stiff breeze blowing.

104F for 3 consecutive hours in the appatent temperature, which of course includes the DP and temperature.

Beginning to suspect they may be underdone with this...

FORECAST CONTINUES ON TRACK. ONLY MADE A FEW UPDATES TO REFLECT

CURRENT TEMPERATURE TRENDS...BUMPING HOURLY TEMPS UP A DEGREE OR

TWO. EXPECTED HEAT INDEX VALUES CONTINUE TO MAX OUT IN THE 100-104

RANGE...WHICH IS ADVISORY LEVEL. THE HEAT ADVISORY FOR THIS

AFTERNOON CONTINUES.

We've already been at Advisory and have surpassed that at several sites as of 1pm.

Great--thanks for passing it along.

Meanwhile, the 90* barrier falls at the Pit. 90.1/72, HI 98.

Holy smokes 91.2 at Chester Hill 1450'. Even MRG must have blown by the 90 mark. We'll see what this gentleman posts as the high at 2k'.

BOS now 97/70 ; HI 106

That's two hours of 104, 106 ...one more and that's Warning criteria.

Others are as impressive with 97/70 at FIT... BED's interesting at 94/73, HI of 105...but that's 2 hours also at these other locations. There are more.

Syracuse has a chance to beat their all-time record high. 100 at 2pm...I believe their all-time is 101. HI is 111 right now.

Max thus far in Albany has been 97, dew has dropped off a couple degrees.

Notice their wind.. SW gust to 30.. I think strong wind def helped them get to 100

Archived