joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was down there for work in late June 2007 and I also walked around the Inner Harbor @ 98F. I thought that was unbelievable so I can't even imagine the temps you were in.

It was disgusting, like 105/80...walking outside at 1am to go back to our hotel, you still had the wall of heat. It was a sauna. I would never want to live in the Mid-Atlantic.

Mt Zucker FTW...I was so glad to get back to these cool green lush hills (relatively) Snowman.gifscooter.gif

It was disgusting, like 105/80...walking outside at 1am to go back to our hotel, you still had the wall of heat. It was a sauna. I would never want to live in the Mid-Atlantic.

Mt Zucker FTW...I was so glad to get back to these cool green lush hills (relatively) Snowman.gifscooter.gif

Yea right lol-- Mt Zucker was probably torching like the rest of us this weekend-- I think this whole area was over 103 on Friday and on Saturday when we hit 102 we had a high overcast (although that may have enhanced heat retention.) AG posted some entertaining pics of your garden burning :(

A dew point of 52 in ALB and 72 in POU. The drier air seems to have run into a wall.

quote name='nzucker' timestamp='1311558851' post='832998']

Yea right lol-- Mt Zucker was probably torching like the rest of us this weekend-- I think this whole area was over 103 on Friday and on Saturday when we hit 102 we had a high overcast (although that may have enhanced heat retention.) AG posted some entertaining pics of your garden burning :(

It was 101.8F here Friday. Yesterday was 99F and today 85F.

It was 101.8F here Friday. Yesterday was 99F and today 85F.

Ugh I hate 99s.... its like 19 inches of snow LOL so close yet still not there. BTW dont you actually live in the mid atlantic :P

Going by JFK it was 103 Friday (NYC/LGA 104, EWR 108, as Im sure you already know lol) 102 Saturday and 93 today.

Using my wx station, 104.9, 101.8 and 90.0 today.

It was about 99 where I was on the lake plain between SYR and ROC Thursday and that was a hell. The worst here at 1k feet was 93 on Friday. Final postscript here:

Wed: 86 Thur: 93 Fri: 88 Sat: 87 Sun: 83

64.8F now.

It's really hard to hit 100F here. And yes, the garden is suffering.

and you almost hit it on back to back days. I actually think I have a higher chance of getting there than you, even though I am right near the ocean (well, 2.5 miles away....)

and you almost hit it on back to back days. I actually think I have a higher chance of getting there than you, even though I am right near the ocean (well, 2.5 miles away....)

Yeah you are definitely more likely to hit 100F.

I have more latitude, more elevation, and a more vegetated environment with a 70-acre nature preserve behind the house.

I was surprised at how hot the park got relative to LGA, JFK. Maybe they trimmed some of the foliage.

I think Ma Nature burned some of it off lol-- we've had about an inch of rain for the whole month of July so far.

Archived