Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Heat Wave Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85/75

Refreshing way to start the day at 811 am, today maybe a tad tough outside working, but its just another beautiful summer day in the best summer ever. 6 hours again today then heading to the beach.

Enjoy the torch everyone, its a cruel summer.

If litchfield starts using words like torch and tough working , you know were looking at 100+

If litchfield starts using words like torch and tough working , you know were looking at 100+

There will be no where to hide from the heat today other than indoors in the AC. Even the beaches should hit 90 today unlike a lot of coastal areas yesterday. The rule of thumb is 90 by 9AM, 10 at the latest, if you want widespread 100 degree readings, and it appears we're on track for that.

Bottomed out at 78 overnight. Yesterday evening was brutal...kind of night where it feels difficult to even breathe. Central air was struggling to keep up too until the sun went down. Dews have already fallen down into the lower 60's back in Syracuse...that dryer air should start filtering in here soon as well. Should be a few degrees cooler than yesterday as well out this way.

If 79 is the daily minimum at BDL I believe that is the warmest overnight low since the obs were taken at the airport and not downtown Hartford. I'll have to look at the specifics when I get to work later.

The fact that we had a 79 min and we're expecting westerly/northwesterly winds this afternoon and 850s near 24c screams all-time record to me. The min on July 6, 2010 was 75.

If 79 is the daily minimum at BDL I believe that is the warmest overnight low since the obs were taken at the airport and not downtown Hartford. I'll have to look at the specifics when I get to work later.

The fact that we had a 79 min and we're expecting westerly/northwesterly winds this afternoon and 850s near 24c screams all-time record to me. The min on July 6, 2010 was 75.

Nice. Doing a very quick look it looks like PVD (78) and BOS (81) lows are tied for second all-time high low, with multiple other years.

Nice. Doing a very quick look it looks like PVD (78) and BOS (81) lows are tied for second all-time high low, with multiple other years.

Hi :scooter::whistle:

79.6/76

I'm worried about my son

Are they camping in the woods or is it someplace where they have water access? Either way its probably the worst camping weather I could imagine. I'd be worried too.

Already 86/75 here. Bringing the dog out was no prize this morning either.

I'm such a dork... refreshing the metars waiting for the 13z obs. When I'm at work I have them pop up on my computer automatically when they come in... don't have the same luxury at home.

yesterday I found myself wishing ASOS stations reported readings in real-time. The anticipation of waiting for the hourly ob is just too much on these type of days.

So far your forecast has busted. As Phil and I have been discussing this was certainly possible as long as there was no convective debris this AM.

it's been looking like 100+ was possible friday for almost the whole week (actually even some of those late last week runs were very hot for today). euro knocked this one out of the park.

91/75 HI 102 at BOS at 9am. LOL

Archived