EWR757
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's about the only way we do it.

Really ...with 23C at 850...?

It will be interesting if ALB verifies a heat warning and Boston only an advisory such as the layout is painted... On a West wind in situ air mass? that's... like impossible.

I camped at Misquamicut back in August 0f '81.... Nice beach, but lots of jelly fish that week.

It was during the baseball strike and Barbara Carrera was on Playboy or one of those mags.... A long lost era.. LOL

Yea gonna be a b**ch at the beach for sailors and combers. When I lifeguarded at Misquamicut way back in 74 we had a similar day, lots of flying umbrella injuries and sand in eye stuff. The chop will be nasty, could be more deaths from umbrella injuries than Kevs heat deaths.

Really ...with 23C at 850...?

It will be interesting if ALB verifies a heat warning and Boston only an advisory such as the layout is painted... On a West wind in situ air mass? that's... like impossible.

No, I mean we rarely have a combo of 101/70. If we do slip by 100 degrees, many times it's on a west wind with drier air mixing down from aloft.

It's possible I suppose that the theta-e plume stays in tact and we could get dews near 70 with a temp of near 100 on a wsw wind. I guess we'll have to watch for that....I'm just going by what I think may happen, away from the s-coast.

models seem to be getting drier and drier. Both the GFS and NAM are bone dry in the boundary layer Friday afternoon.

Dews or not, it could be scary if we try to mix dry adiabatically to 850 on Friday...lol.

Hopefully someone reaches the legendary 40C mark. I'm hoping the Euro verifies since it gets the uber warm 850s up here as well. If it is going to be miserably hot we may as well maximize on the potential.:weight_lift:

Thanks guys for the best wishes for my dad.

Hopefully someone reaches the legendary 40C mark. I'm hoping the Euro verifies since it gets the uber warm 850s up here as well. If it is going to be miserably hot we may as well maximize on the potential.:weight_lift:

Thanks guys for the best wishes for my dad.

I missed that this morning, just went back a bunch of pages, thoughts and prayers going out to you and your Dad, I am sure everything will be ok, positive mojo headed your way!!:thumbsup:

Noticed a lot varying opinions, obviously purely subjective about what it "feels" like right now and so forth... Let us remind folks that the period of heat isn't even here yet, so trying to trump the reality of what lies in store (most likely) by espousing how perfect things are now is pointless and pretty much just your inability to admit what is likely at hand because you don't like it. Tough cookies! Believe me, I don't want it to be 90-100 either, but pretending is childish, and how nice it is now doesn't even apply to the issue in the first place.

----------------------------------

I guess I am not that at odds with TAN's diminishing tomorrow to advisory; we saw today to permutations trunk the highs by 3 perhaps 4 degrees. One was smoke in the morning.... Temps clearly labored between 8 and 10 am because of that when we should have gained 4 on yesterday by interval of time up through 10am. Smoke cleared, temps jumped unilaterally across the area, but not before a few were stolen by muted insolation. The other was Long Island Sound. Watched erosion of CU field from the south blast almost to ALB and all the way to the NH border... Temps leveled off and felt 2F across the area as that weakly identifiable boundary passed N. It is unclear how much westerly gradient will stop that from happening tomorrow. I suspect smoke will be less of an issue, but this latter SW versus W component means a huge lot when your are at the upper bounds and subtle factors will mitigate.

Friday appears more capable of achieving the bigger numbers there should be more gradient focused offshore.

The other thing is, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of difference between Advisory and Warning criteria - it's no big deal to flip that switch if need be.

Noticed a lot varying opinions, obviously purely subjective about what it "feels" like right now and so forth... Let us remind folks that the period of heat isn't even here yet, so trying to trump the reality of what lies in store (most likely) by espousing how perfect things are now is pointless and pretty much just your inability to admit what is likely at hand because you don't like it. Tough cookies! Believe me, I don't want it to be 90-100 either, but pretending is childish, and how nice it is now doesn't even apply to the issue in the first place.

----------------------------------

I guess I am not that at odds with TAN's diminishing tomorrow to advisory; we saw today to permutations trunk the highs by 3 perhaps 4 degrees. One was smoke in the morning.... Temps clearly labored between 8 and 10 am because of that when we should have gained 4 on yesterday by interval of time up through 10am. Smoke cleared, temps jumped unilaterally across the area, but not before a few were stolen by muted insolation. The other was Long Island Sound. Watched erosion of CU field from the south blast almost to ALB and all the way to the NH border... Temps leveled off and felt 2F across the area as that weakly identifiable boundary passed N. It is unclear how much westerly gradient will stop that from happening tomorrow. I suspect smoke will be less of an issue, but this latter SW versus W component means a huge lot when your are at the upper bounds and subtle factors will mitigate.

Friday appears more capable of achieving the bigger numbers there should be more gradient focused offshore.

The other thing is, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of difference between Advisory and Warning criteria - it's no big deal to flip that switch if need be.

The other thing is...today's 850s were a solid 6 to 8C lower than what we will be dealing with later in the week. I think most spots maxed out about where they should have given low/mid level temps and BL flow.

Archived