HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX going toasty for Pete!

94 thur

93 fri

90 sat

If I were a betting man I'd bet against a 3 day run. Walked 9 this afternoon and it wasn't bad. I'm digging the heat because I feel this will be the zenith for nasty hot weather for another year. Soon we can turn our attention to first frosts.

If I were a betting man I'd bet against a 3 day run. Walked 9 this afternoon and it wasn't bad. I'm digging the heat because I feel this will be the zenith for nasty hot weather for another year. Soon we can turn our attention to first frosts.

Yeah, I am thinking you only get 88 or so on Saturday (hope the same is true for me)

Still, for you to hit 91-92 is pretty hot

Yeah, I am thinking you only get 88 or so on Saturday (hope the same is true for me)

Still, for you to hit 91-92 is pretty hot

No doubt. My friend just got here from Alaska, he's already wilting.lol We're playing 18 tomorrow afternoon.Should be very comfy for him. I'm drinking water like Kev guzzles beer.

It's clear where the "drying" is coming from - thank goodness, let's hope it works out!

There is - and is quite common in these scenarios - a lee side heat-related trough along the 95 corridor pretty much up and down the length of the EC. This is important because that trough represents a significant wind shift during the day on Friday; it's not related to an actual boundary, but the pg is bending around it such that you end up with WNW or NW wind west, WSW/SW east. The area west of the trough axis gets the katatabatic drying, and the trough axis acts like a dry line that then move east in the environmental flow.

This/that is not an uncommon scenario. It often robs good fropa events of better convection because you get premature cumulo-ejaculation that wends out to sea and takes a lot of CAPE with it. In this case, less fropa but perhaps if this feature evolves this way we get some DP relief on Friday. But, if the DP drops off by noon, we could end up with a truly searing +T response/spike.

58/86 here today.... I am in a/c now because the dew point is miserable and I need sleep etc...going out to the Finger Lakes area early tomorrow for some work.

It's clear where the "drying" is coming from - thank goodness, let's hope it works out!

There is - and is quite common in these scenarios - a lee side heat-related trough along the 95 corridor pretty much up and down the length of the EC. This is important because that trough represents a significant wind shift during the day on Friday; it's not related to an actual boundary, but the pg is bending around it such that you end up with WNW or NW wind west, WSW/SW east. The area west of the trough axis gets the katatabatic drying, and the trough axis acts like a dry line that then move east in the environmental flow.

This/that is not an uncommon scenario. It often robs good fropa events of better convection because you get premature cumulo-ejaculation that wends out to sea and takes a lot of CAPE with it. In this case, less fropa but perhaps if this feature evolves this way we get some DP relief on Friday. But, if the DP drops off by noon, we could end up with a truly searing +T response/spike.

Is the bolded due to it requiring less energy to heat up a dry parcel than a moist one?

You are gonna cook in Ayer

all-steak-no-sizzle.jpg

Like Steve I had my doubts but this heat will perform. Today looked like a dud until the temperature quickly jacked up 10F in the Boston area during the early afternoon. Today's high was low 90s, tomorrow L-M 90s, but downsloping inferno Friday with post FROPA but hot dry day Saturday.

Mmmmmm... delightful right now in N. Falmouth. I picked the right week to bring the wife and baby (and dog) to the Cape. For once I'll be cooler than Pete in the overnight.

:rolleyes:

70/67, Sounds nice Chris, quite pleasant here right now as well, about to slip into the 60's. How's fatherhood treating you?

I have a small fan I bought in 1986. It's all I need. My wife wouldn't like the a/c option. She is actually into hot weather. It's a bother. The only reason we're not in AK.lol

I think you would enjoy AC... you could turn it wayyyy down and put on your ski gear and ski down the stairs

73.1/66 Last night was nicer, but we have the AC off

Heading to Jamestown, RI tomorrow to help my mom with some chores. Son will be at Cub Scout camp. That leaves the ladies time to get into trouble

70/67, Sounds nice Chris, quite pleasant here right now as well, about to slip into the 60's. How's fatherhood treating you?

Fatherhood has been great! Tiring at times but I love hanging out with the little guy.

I generally can take the heat back in Greenfield b/c we cool off nicely at night but glad I'm away for this stuff!

Can't believe you are down to 70. Won't beat you until the fog thickens a bit.

I think you would enjoy AC... you could turn it wayyyy down and put on your ski gear and ski down the stairs

73.1/66 Last night was nicer, but we have the AC off

Heading to Jamestown, RI tomorrow to help my mom with some chores. Son will be at Cub Scout camp. That leaves the ladies time to get into trouble

I'm sure that, with or without AC, he's at least considered this.

Archived