Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 at BDL...TORCH!!!

I can't wait till y'all experience 78-80 degree dews this week

Relish it..we may never see it again for many years

Kev, your kidding? Your not expecting that kind of dewpoint down in DC/BWI in the next few days are you? Oy, just looked at the dews in Virginia, lots of mid upper 70's. Last time I felt those dews was chasing Katrina. Its horrible. Go outside for 5 minutes and you are drenched!

It would be nice, but I don't think that's right -

it may very well be overzealous on the extent of the cool down. 6 to 8C 850s is a bit much for july.

but the overall trough doesn't seem out of whack, imo. would seem to be the natural fit to the 5h ridge axis repositioning itself out in the plains before it flattens or comes east again later next week.

I take it back; Kalamazoo Michigan had MCS taint until 11am and were still just 80F nearing noon. It's what prompted me to say watch out for that here. But as an atonement to the potential of this air mass, they cleared and just 3 hour later they are now abruptly 94/76 !!

That's some pretty awesome short duration temp recovery there.

Could be some really dense, soupy fog later tonight south coast. Should burn off quickly though with deep mixing tomorrow AM.

I thought it was interesting out around Chicago yesterday afternoon with Excessive Heat Warning and concurrent Dense Fog advisory -

I wonder if we can get an MCS to slide through here Thursday night? Looks like northern NE could get rocked Thursday afternoon but relatively steep lapse rates move over us Thursday PM according to the GFS. We should be capped but could something move in from the NW?

gfs and euro both had some precip over interior SNE today...low and behold some showers now popping

I did notice some borderline TCU at lunch ...

One time growing up in Michigan we had a torrid day. 97/72 someodd... It was still 87 at 11pm when an MCS came through - we lost 20F in about 5 minutes of tree straining outflow blast. That was like opening a walk in meat locker....

I did notice some borderline TCU at lunch ...

One time growing up in Michigan we had a torrid day. 97/72 someodd... It was still 87 at 11pm when an MCS came through - we lost 20F in about 5 minutes of tree straining outflow blast. That was like opening a walk in meat locker....

Nice TCU showing up just to my south. Looks great in reality, meh on radar

82.1/68F

Pretty humid... hit 84F for a high, much lower than BOX's thinking

CU FIELD INCREASING ACROSS WESTERN NEW ENG AND SPC MESOANALYSIS

SHOWS MLCAPES UP TO 1000 J/KG IN THIS AREA AS BDL 89/67. AN

ISOLD CELL HAS DEVELOPED OVER EASTERN NY AND STILL CANT RULE OUT

AN ISOLD BRIEF SHOWER/TSTM ACROSS INTERIOR SNE FOR REST OF

AFTERNOON. HOWEVER...AREAL COVERAGE AND DURATION WILL BE LIMITED

DUE TO MID LEVEL DRY AIR AND WEAK CAP

Meh I've found home weather stations notoriously are high on DP readings, maybe because they're not placed in the right location/near vegetation or something.

Yeah that's part of it. Kevin's house is surrounded by trees and a lush lawn (albeit filled with toxic chemicals). The extra evapotranspiration could add 2-4F on your dew point readings.

Meh I've found home weather stations notoriously are high on DP readings, maybe because they're not placed in the right location/near vegetation or something.

well it's all relative.

we just had this discussion a few days ago on here. i think the readings are probably fairly close to reality for a backyard - but they aren't reality when compared to ASOS placement.

Archived