mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah funny you mention the seabreeze. At times, models looked like even BOS could go 13004kt or something like that. I guess I wouldn't be shocked.

Water is still chilly to the body, last year was bathwater at this time. On the beach side of the dunes was 5-8 degrees cooler yesterday with just a tad of a breeze.

The way overhyped two day brutal heat will probably be the hottest days of the year then we turn the corner. I see BDL just made 90 yesterday for a few minutes. Lucky would have been 4/6 not 90 of the seven straight.
How is the possible hottest temp ever at many of the SNE stations overhyped? If some of the modelling is correct..all time records have a very real chance of happening. BDL hit 91 yesterday BTW..thru a smoke filled sky no less

How is the possible hottes temp ever at many of the SNE stations overhyped? If some of the modelling is correct..all time records have a very real chance of happening.

BDL hit 91 yesterday BTW..thru a smoke filled sky no less

No way MANY stations break hottest ever, bet? Let's take BDL ORH BOS PVD, I say none

I can't imagine who would even want to sit on a hot sand beach in this wx. It's the kind of stuff where you scald your feet just walking on the hot sand.

But I never got the beach thing anyway. I have a finite # of days on this earth and I'm not wasting too many of them laying on a towel on the beach for 90% of a day. But I'm the kind of person that always taking active or adventure vacations, etc...not the resort or vegas type.

Sand flying everywhere tomorrow on the beaches, umbrellas in parking lots?

I can't imagine who would even want to sit on a hot sand beach in this wx. It's the kind of stuff where you scald your feet just walking on the hot sand.

But I never got the beach thing anyway. I have a finite # of days on this earth and I'm not wasting too many of them laying on a towel on the beach for 90% of a day. But I'm the kind of person that always taking active or adventure vacations, etc...not the resort or vegas type.

Do you like to look at hot girls in scantily clad bathing suits?

Or even hot guys in scantily clad bathing suits.

Either way...no place better in the world to be in summer than sitting on the beach and swimming

I spent over 6 hours in the water bodysurfing, getting pounded by surf, flipping,playing frisbee. I have to say you do not know what you are missing. I felt 18 again, active was a mild adjective.

I'll let a few others here have the hot guys in scantily clad suits. LOL

I see your point about the hot girls ...course they don't want a gray haired 45 year old even if I am pretty fit. So voyeurism only goes so far at this point. :)

I definitely enjoyed that some in like the 80's.

Do you like to look at hot girls in scantily clad bathing suits?

Or even hot guys in scantily clad bathing suits.

Either way...no place better in the world to be in summer than sitting on the beach and swimming

I like to kayak so I can imagine that could be fun on the ocean. When I do get dragged to the beach near here on Otsego Lake I have fun going out in my kayak while they lay on the sand. So other activities yeah I get that....

I spent over 6 hours in the water bodysurfing, getting pounded by surf, flipping,playing frisbee. I have to say you do not know what you are missing. I felt 18 again, active was a mild adjective.

I like to kayak so I can imagine that could be fun on the ocean. When I do get dragged to the beach near here on Otsego Lake I have fun going out in my kayak while they lay on the sand. So other activities yeah I get that....

Open ocean is a whole different game, guy was surfing with a kayak yesterday, looked like a lot of fun.

I think they make kayaks specially suited for the ocean....

A few times I have been on Otsego Lake where it was rough. That is a decent sized lake...maybe 3 to 4 miles wide on average and 12-14 miles long so you can few foot waves breaking out there on windy days. Just a small taste of what it must be like on the ocean. That was a lot of fun riding over them.

Open ocean is a whole different game, guy was surfing with a kayak yesterday, looked like a lot of fun.

Archived