12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this early (and predicted) cloud cover knocks a degree or two off forecast highs

td of 70F here.... yuck (and that is not at a forested site)

When I saw the radar this morning that's exactly what I thought too.. I bet since we have more cloud cover, the dews will be higher but the temp will only be around 95-96 instead of 99-100

It might, but I suspect we'll see a dramatic climb once it clears out. It's beginning to do so here as I type.

69.8/69

To be sure... but (as SnowNH posted) maybe we will only get to 93 instead of 95... like it makes a diff. :arrowhead:

Off to RI once I switch out some music on the old iPod

Enjoy the swampazz...its the only swampazz we got

71/71 - Dense fog with occasional mist and light drizzle. Those heading down this way for a beach day are in for a bit of surprise and should probably take their time getting down here. With a south wind and clouds/fog showing no signs of thinning or lifting - I'm guessing there won't be much improvement this morning...

Syracuse already 90 at 10am...that's pretty impressive. 85 here, still a south wind.

That is impressive!

One thing we are ...well, were lacking in SNE this morning was a rapid post-sun-up temperature rise. It was clear that small pockets of mid level cloud debris teaming up with thick haze were together dimming some insolation early on. Too much DP perhaps... too much MW industry and ozone transport.

Come to think about it... interesting to see so few air quality alerts given this.

Anyway, it seems we are getting a latter morning response now though. Turbulent mixing has kicked in and some alleviation of haze, as well as pretty much an abandonment of those pesky alto strata streets have opened up into a purer sunshine.

Remember folks, we don't need a 100F to get criteria heat... 95/76 will do it.

Just got an email back about the weather observer position at BDL. Was sent a manual, study guide and some practice tests. You need at least an 80% on the test in order to pass and the test is composed of 50 multiple choice questions. She said the test is very difficult though, out of the last 8 people to take it 7 have failed. I can pass...going to study it very hard.

I think what is more critically important is that the T’s have jump 4 to 5 F most sites in the last hour…

That means that we are tapping into those intense elevated thermal fields and could see temps continue to rise

into the mid 90s with DP staggering in the 70-75 range – probably will verify criteria heat for a time. Don’t know if it will be 3 hours though. Interesting.

Archived