joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling the weekend could be unsettled at the very least. Perhaps worse, but we still have time. Man, I really hope not. Heavy heavy weekend planned.

I tend to agree at this juncture. SE flow in north conway with low ovc, ocnl dz and highs in the 60s.

I start nights on sunday night...right in the middle of another pool temperature-obliterating drizzlefest.

I don't mind a period or two of shwrs and tstms, so long as it isn't a prolonged wash out. A nice evening light show could be a good thing. All joking aside, it's doesn't look terrible, but my guard is up. Hey, we could always go to the outlets. axesmiley.png

I'll be up in Maine July 9-16. Please work on nice weather in lower somerset county during that stretch. Or big svr.

I'm afraid to go up there. I hear the mosquitoes are as big as bats.

Hopefully we can get the ol derecho up there for ya. Southern Somerset county has been a hotspot for high-end severe so far this year. Tornadoes, baseballs, you name it.

Has Kevin finally come around to the fact that Wed-Fri was dreadful? Including 2 sub-70 degree days at BDL?

Sorta

Again...to be clear..I am not calling for heat. This yr 80's is heat..so if it's 80-85 it's hot. I am not calling for 90's. Just 80's and typical summer

I don't mind a period or two of shwrs and tstms, so long as it isn't a prolonged wash out. A nice evening light show could be a good thing. All joking aside, it's doesn't look terrible, but my guard is up. Hey, we could always go to the outlets. axesmiley.png

Settler's Green for her...Muddy Moose for you. Match made in heaven.

You'll be alright. Might be cloudy and relatively cool, but no washout. I'd say there's a good chance of partly sunny and highs in the mid 70s in all seriousness.

I'm afraid to go up there. I hear the mosquitoes are as big as bats.

Hopefully we can get the ol derecho up there for ya. Southern Somerset county has been a hotspot for high-end severe so far this year. Tornadoes, baseballs, you name it.

Derecho would be good but baseballs would be better.

We're on Great Moose Lake in Hartland.. can't wait!

Sorta

Kevin's really saying 80-85 is hot from now on? You know what he'll do... he'll bookmark the page with that quote on it and then July 25th or something he'll quote that post to say he was right about his failed 7-day heat wave with 2 or 3 80+ mins at BDL.

Red Parka FTW...Kev will be at Storlyland spinning in in the Wooden Shoes

Place you staying have an indoor pool?

It's the White Mountain Hotel/Resort. I believe they have an outdoor heated pool.

I just planned on relaxing....going on a hike to a waterfall...stuff like that. Just enjoying it up there.

It's the White Mountain Hotel/Resort. I believe they have an outdoor heated pool.

I just planned on relaxing....going on a hike to a waterfall...stuff like that. Just enjoying it up there.

Fun 9-hole GC at that place, called 'Hale's Location'. Our company goes there early sept every year for planning meetings. Nice place, right at the base of Cathedral Ledge.

Well...the op EC has flip-flopped and gives us a more zonal pattern this weekend with westerly flow and warm 850/2m temps, but the ENS mean actually pumps the ridge out west a little more than yesterday morning's run leaving us with some troughing. Either way, both look a million times better than the hell we went through last week. Maybe it will end up really nice with Kev's torching "80s".

Well...the op EC has flip-flopped and gives us a more zonal pattern this weekend with westerly flow and warm 850/2m temps, but the ENS mean actually pumps the ridge out west a little more than yesterday morning's run leaving us with some troughing. Either way, both look a million times better than the hell we went through last week. Maybe it will end up really nice with Kev's torching "80s".

I was just thinking old Mr. Euro felt bad and wiped the FU off of Kevin's head.

Yup, 5 yrs apart, almost 6. We're not doing any work on Little Mohawk. It's probably John Mooney.

We worked with John's wife in our relocation and the purchase of the Pit. I think someone just picked up an 8-acre lot around the corner from us. Not sure if they'll be putting up more than one home on it. If it's one, perhaps it's one for you guys.

AWT the Euro was wrong with that ridiculous cutoff/NE flow scenario it had..Now has a nice westerly flow as the jet lifts north and we get well into the 80's from Thursday thru the holiday weekend...again AMOUT

Every time this spring/early summer you've said the models were wrong with that it turns out they were correct and you were wrong.

Archived