e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June 11-12 storm and rain talk

Ian

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm carefully watching that latest area of Cu across West Virginia as it appears to me that the atmosphere will destabilize enough for at least a second round of storms this evening (at least out here to the west of the BR). While I expect very little severe weather given the shear profiles in place and water loading acting against the updrafts I do think that there is the potential for some flash flooding to occur across extreme western Rockingham, and northern Highland counties in Virginia and southern Pendleton county in West Virginia. Latest 18z gridded FFG values across this area are generally 1-2 inches with 3 hour values in about the same range. Likely won't be a HUGE deal given the somewhat localized area, but I just thought I would point out what I noticed.

Glancing at radar, looks like this current batch stays just south of downtown Baltimore, or, at best just into downtown Baltimore, I think?

Trying to decide if I want to take the youngest to the O's game at 7:00, or if the batches of showers will fill in and make that a bad idea.

I'm going, so that should ensure it's going to rain.

Wondering if this is it and nothing will be occurring for us today? Looks certainly like it at this point.

Could be.. Just missed.. We were supposed to get the stuff south of us. :P

I'm not giving up yet, at least up north.

line to the west is worth watching with one eye given the air mass, but it seems(?) this first batch was what models were seeing -- it just came early/south.

nice clash of boundaries d.c. north on radar.

line to the west is worth watching with one eye given the air mass, but it seems(?) this first batch was what models were seeing -- it just came early/south.

nice clash of boundaries d.c. north on radar.

Agreed, though I guess that is worth watching. Hey, I was wondering if you noticed lately there have been some blow-ups of storms in the evenings around here, I've seen it 3 or 4 teams this season and was wondering if anyone else has caught onto it.

Also, as for the boundaries, I was watching that area as the one is backing to the west and the one that came earlier from the line is slowly moving east. Maybe that could do something when the storms near that location in the unstable air or plainly fire something.

tho the 18z nam still has the next line being ok

http://www.nco.ncep....am_ref_006m.gif

http://www.nco.ncep....am_pcp_012m.gif

maybe i went out at the wrong time...

I do like the looks of that on the NAM, maybe we do have hope. I mean I'd hope for the WV stuff to maybe link with whats in S PA as that would ensure we don't get split, but that instability and the boundaries gives some glimmer of hope for us.

Archived