Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 11-12 storm and rain talk

Ian

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um... convective feedback ftw?

i dunno... usually when the nam does that it means someone's going to get slammed. pattern supports it. i could see someone getting 3-5" of rain tomorrow/night if things move slowly.

i dunno... usually when the nam does that it means someone's going to get slammed. pattern supports it. i could see someone getting 3-5" of rain tomorrow/night if things move slowly.

this might be provocative... im not sure it will be my official forecast for tomorrow.

as a met student you have less excuse to be a dummy

Agreed on the enhanced responsibility. I wasn't trying to be rude though, I just had never given this rain threat any real credence outside of some isolated .5-1" totals. Not the region wide drought dent-er that the NAM has had up till the 0z run. I apologize to anyone who thought my comment came off rudely.

Agreed on the enhanced responsibility. I wasn't trying to be rude though, I just had never given this rain threat any real credence outside of some isolated .5-1" totals. Not the region wide drought dent-er that the NAM has had up till the 0z run. I apologize to anyone who thought my comment came off rudely.

cool... we'll see. convection is always fun. the sing song bust crowd is getting more lame as time goes on tho.

I'm still calling for 3-6"... oh wait... its summer time... I'll go with under a quarter of an inch

modelolegy is so 2010. should be fun in some fashion... im tentatively planning a natl mall chase.

LMAO - The 06z runs of the local LWX models (ARW and NMM) give DC one heck of an epic split/shafting.

A cluster of storms pops to the SW or SSW which kind of skirts to the south while storms pop east and well NW of the city. The east stuff moves off and the NW stuff fizzles to nothing as it reaches DC.

13z SPC Day 1 outlook basically has us in the middle of the SLIGHT risk. 15% wind and hail.

...LOWER GREAT LAKES INTO MID ATLANTIC STATES... MIDLEVEL VORTICITY MAXIMUM OVER THE UPPER GREAT LAKES WILL CONTINUE ENEWD THIS PERIOD ACROSS SWRN ONTARIO INTO WRN QUEBEC WITH A CORRIDOR OF WEAK HEIGHT FALLS SPREADING ACROSS THE LOWER GREAT LAKES LATER TODAY INTO TONIGHT. THIS PATTERN EVOLUTION WILL RESULT IN THE NEWD DEVELOPMENT OF A WEAK SURFACE LOW FROM NRN IL/IND INTO SWRN PARTS OF ONTARIO/QUEBEC WHILE A TRAILING COLD FRONT PUSHES SEWD THROUGH THE OH VALLEY. STRENGTHENING LOW-LEVEL WAA REGIME DOWNSTREAM FROM THE MIGRATORY SURFACE LOW WILL ALLOW FOR THE NWD/NEWD DEVELOPMENT OF A WARM FRONT THROUGH THE DE AND LOWER/MID HUDSON VALLEYS TODAY. CLOUD DEBRIS AND CONVECTIVE OVERTURNING ASSOCIATED WITH A SERIES OF DECAYING NOCTURNAL TSTM COMPLEXES FROM THE OH TO DE VALLEYS HAS CAST CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY ON SUBSEQUENT TSTM DEVELOPMENT LATER TODAY. EARLY VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS LOCATIONS WEST AND NORTH OF THE OH RIVER WILL STRUGGLE TO WARM/DESTABILIZE OWING TO WIDESPREAD CLOUDS. A COMPARATIVELY GREATER POTENTIAL AIR MASS DESTABILIZATION /I.E. MLCAPE OF 1000-1500 J PER KG/ IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FROM ALONG AND E OF THE CNTRL APPALACHIANS NWD INTO CNTRL PARTS OF NY/PA WHERE STRONGER DIABATIC HEATING WILL OCCUR. FORCING AHEAD OF LEAD MCV OVER THE UPPER OH VALLEY AND ITS ATTENDANT COLD POOL WILL LIKELY SERVE AS A FOCUS FOR TSTM DEVELOPMENT TODAY WHERE THE AIR MASS CAN SUFFICIENTLY DESTABILIZE. REGION WILL GENERALLY REMAIN TO THE S OF THE STRONGER MID AND HIGH-LEVEL WIND FIELD ATTENDANT TO THE GREAT LAKES VORTICITY MAXIMUM WITH KINEMATIC ENVIRONMENT SUPPORTIVE OF MULTICELL CLUSTERS CAPABLE OF DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND HAIL.

Archived