• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 11-12 storm and rain talk

Ian

NAM likes tomorrow. SPC likes it a little better than before... tho the slight needs to come further east imo. Features are a bit weak but overall in pretty typical positions for svr weather days around here. Then there's the continuing threat for heavy rain in some spots till the front clears.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM likes tomorrow. SPC likes it a little better than before... tho the slight needs to come further east imo. Features are a bit weak but overall in pretty typical positions for svr weather days around here. Then there's the continuing threat for heavy rain in some spots till the front clears.

Will want to take a look at the 1730z day 2 update. Maybe it'll toss some goodies our way.

Will want to take a look at the 1730z day 2 update. Maybe it'll toss some goodies our way.

timing may be their deal... but i'd still bump it east a bit. they probably will. maybe someone (PA favored?) can pull a 5% torn out of it. the nam keeps bullseying me.. which im sure means it will skip around d.c. but eh. http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/12/images/nam_p24_042m.gif

I may need to learn to like tracking severe that never materializes IMBY...we have become a severe forum ;)...unfortunately I don't know enough about it

I like it when it hits my house, but can't say I get amped about a supercell 50 miles away

Agree on this point here - while I do enjoy taking a look at a well formed supercell on GR2AE I enjoy experiencing the weather more. It's always a downer to watch amazing storms go up knowing full well that they will probably split or die around DC.

new d2 did come east a bit from just south of d.c. north.. a very bit around here.

...OH VALLEY/NORTHEAST STATES...

AFOREMENTIONED SHORTWAVE TROUGH/ASSOCIATED BELT OF ENHANCED FLOW

ALOFT WILL TRANSITION EASTWARD OVER THE GREAT LAKES REGION ON

SATURDAY. THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSIVE CLOUD COVER/ONGOING EARLY DAY

CONVECTION PROVIDES SOME DEGREE OF UNCERTAINTY REGARDING

DESTABILIZATION ALONG/IMMEDIATELY AHEAD OF THE ADVANCING COLD FRONT.

HOWEVER...IT DOES SEEMS LIKELY THAT AN UPSWING IN DEEP CONVECTION

WILL OCCUR ESPECIALLY AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT WITHIN A WEAK

CINH/DESTABILIZING BOUNDARY LAYER. DAMAGING WINDS/SOME SEVERE HAIL

WILL BE THE PRIMARY HAZARDS. WHILE AN APPRECIABLE TORNADO POTENTIAL

IS NOT EXPECTED...AN ISOLATED TORNADO THREAT MAY BE POSSIBLE

PORTIONS OF PA/NY IN VICINITY OF THE WARM FRONT/PRE-COLD FRONTAL

SURFACE TROUGH.

What about today - anything?

probably.. garden variety maybe pulse iso svr. it could go here or in the general thread. this weekend probably has more svr potential and perhaps even some flash flood risk.

probably.. garden variety maybe pulse iso svr. it could go here or in the general thread. this weekend probably has more svr potential and perhaps even some flash flood risk.

okay, there was some talk of it in the general thread, so I'll ask over there. Keep this thread for the weekend. :)

I kind of miss the excitement that I experienced with June 2006. That was ridiculous.

I kind of miss the excitement that I experienced with June 2006. That was ridiculous.

yeah.. that was probably a top 5 weather experience here -- especially if i count 09-10 as one experience and same with last summer heat.

I may need to learn to like tracking severe that never materializes IMBY...we have become a severe forum ;)...unfortunately I don't know enough about it

I like it when it hits my house, but can't say I get amped about a supercell 50 miles away

It's a lot like tracking snow that never materializes, but warmer and with more bendy trees.

Let's see here: floods(06), blizzards(09-10) and flame(10)

All we need is a huge wind event.

we had one or two during the late winter. synoptic wind is lame.

I don't see them as comparable..severe seems to be a lot more unpredictable with bigger downsides and upsides

they're comparable in that they both tend to suck here, but i think there is a bigger screw factor with svr since you can have a 'great day' and get totally missed or the other way around.

we almost died in my Maxima

turn around dont drown

NEED SOME QUICK HELP! What do you think the timing of the rain will be in Central MD tomorrow?

Remnant morning showers giving way to very isolated activity in the early afternoon, followed by more robust storms in the late afternoon and early evening.

i.e. pretty much on/off the whole day... about 30% POP in central MD before 3:00 and 60% POP from 3:00-11:00. (% POP = % probability of precipitation)

Remnant morning showers giving way to very isolated activity in the early afternoon, followed by more robust storms in the late afternoon and early evening.

i.e. pretty much on/off the whole day... about 30% POP in central MD before 3:00 and 60% POP from 3:00-11:00. (% POP = % probability of precipitation)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was stuck with the decision of going to OC or staying home so I can play in my playoff baseball game at 1:30 tomorrow. If i was confident the game would be rained out, i would go to OC but it looks like we may get the game in. (That is if nothing heavy comes through tonight) ((hopefully the cell moving right for me dies out yikes.png)) need field to stay dry!

Okay, got a question for you know it alls:

Got daughter's HS graduation tomorrow night at Jiffy Lube Live at 7:30pm. You think we'll have anything big going on 'bout that time? When I graduated from HS (30 yrs ago today!), we had a TS with a torrential downpour in the middle of my ceremony. Any chance of that tradition continuing? :yikes:

Okay, got a question for you know it alls:

Got daughter's HS graduation tomorrow night at Jiffy Lube Live at 7:30pm. You think we'll have anything big going on 'bout that time? When I graduated from HS (30 yrs ago today!), we had a TS with a torrential downpour in the middle of my ceremony. Any chance of that tradition continuing? :yikes:

Same...

Archived