Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2011 NYC metro area obs./discussion

Snowlover11

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The line is rapidly falling apart now as it reaches points east of NYC however a new line is quickly firing up south of LI and looks like it may just clip the far eastern end shortly after midnight.

I'm right in the middle stuck in nothing but absolutely stable low clouds and calm. :axe:

Nothing worse than these marine layer induced easterly flow regimes. Hopefully this next warmup doesn't do the same thing-I think the last couple of Euro runs were gradually pulling the big ridge west and keeping a cold high over Newfoundland and sticking us in yet more raw east winds.

I'm right in the middle stuck in nothing but absolutely stable low clouds and calm. :axe:

Nothing worse than these marine layer induced easterly flow regimes. Hopefully this next warmup doesn't do the same thing-I think the last couple of Euro runs were gradually pulling the big ridge west and keeping a cold high over Newfoundland and sticking us in yet more raw east winds.

This doesn't look nearly as fun as last summer :( Everything has been pointing to cool and rainy lol.

Visible satellite shows an area of clearing pushing east through NJ. Most already have some sun poking through. We should all be mostly sunny in the next couple hours. With any amount of sun, we should all pop into the mid 80's.

Archived