SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO

740 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

MOC043-213-230115-

/O.CON.KSGF.TO.W.0036.000000T0000Z-110523T0115Z/

CHRISTIAN MO-TANEY MO-

740 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 815 PM CDT FOR

NORTHWESTERN TANEY AND SOUTHEASTERN CHRISTIAN COUNTIES...

AT 735 PM CDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED MULTIPLE BRIEF

TORNADOES WERE OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM 4 MILES SOUTH OF

CHESTNUTRIDGE...OR 10 MILES NORTH OF BRANSON...MOVING EAST AT

35 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE CHESTNUTRIDGE...FORSYTH...GARRISON...

HIGHLANDVILLE...KISSEE MILLS...MERRIAM WOODS...ROCKAWAY BEACH...

SPOKANE...TANEYVILLE AND WALNUT SHADE.

IN ADDITION TO A TORNADO...THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LARGE

DAMAGING HAIL UP TO GOLF BALL SIZE.

I have been on the phone several times with my Mom who lives in Joplin. She was eating an early dinner at a rest.(in the damage area) when I phoned her to let her know of the warning. She had just enough time to get to her house which is about 2 miles to the north. Fortunatly for her she got a glancing blow which included hail to the size of baseballs. Thankfully she is safe.....I guess it helps to have at least one weather nerd in the family. Thoughts & Prayers to those that are less fortunate tonight.

I have been on the phone several times with my Mom who lives in Joplin. She was eating an early dinner at a rest.(in the damage area) when I phoned her to let her know of the warning. She had just enough time to get to her house which is about 2 miles to the north. Fortunatly for her she got a glancing blow which included hail to the size of baseballs. Thankfully she is safe.....I guess it helps to have at least one weather nerd in the family. Thoughts & Prayers to those that are less fortunate tonight.

Glad to hear she's ok. Nice job on the heads up. Hopefully she spread the word.

Joplin looks like a war zone.. ( getting sick of saying that this spring)... Ariel views should be heartbreaking.. I wonder and would be interested in seeing if the storm was caught on video?

23Z Severe Analysis uploaded. Still showing the highest threat areas around the cities of: Columbia, MO - McAlster, OK - Okmulgee, OK - Tulsa, OK - Burlington, IA - Grove, OK - Fayetteville, AR - Madison and Osh Kosh, WI. 23Z SFC CAPE's running from 2400 to 3000 j/kg in these areas, 0-1KM EHI running from 3.8 to 6.6, 0-1KM SRH running in the area of 200-230 m/s. Convective Gusts potential running about max of 77 knots and hail up to 2.5" in diameter. Severe Analysis: http://smartwxmodel.net

This was a Walmart...

The closest Walmart to the hospital is A mile north and roughly 2.5/3 miles East of the hospital. So if you have this kind of destruction this far away, I can't imagine what is between the 2 locations. Looking Google maps this picture is at the entrance of the store looking NNE through the store lengthwise using the water tower as a point of reference.

Archived