• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

Talk about bad luck this year with wide, strong/violent tornadoes tracking through heavily populated areas.

No kidding. We knew it would happen at some point, but the number of times this year is just staggering. Hope Jomo is well. Scary stuff... Again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to bring this up, but is there any way to know if JoMo is (god forbid) not okay?

I really hope one of the members here knows him and can get to the bottom of it for us ASAP. I don't know the guy, but any question like this about any AmWx poster is distressing.

I'm sure we'll be seeing alot more videos of the Joplin tornado over the next few days, going to be Tuscaloosa like probably with alot of videos if I had to guess.

Only thing is reports are that this was much more rain-wrapped than Tuscaloosa, but still we'll probably see some come out over the next few days.

did we get these type of numbers during the chicago blizzard this past winter? lol

288 User(s) are reading this topic

124 members, 153 guests, 11 anonymous users

also, the storms that were heading northeast into chi metro have weakened but storms on the front out west near the river are holding there own...for now.

Chasers were on the storm. We'll be seeing their stuff very soon.

There was a giant ball of people on it back into SE KS. Sounds like tricky vis regardless. It's more fun in the farmlands..

That tornado had better not really been heading SE... there's a huge amount of real-estate between the latitude of Walmart and St John's.

We're talking about from 15th to 32nd Streets.

Map: http://maps.google.c...084543&t=h&z=14 (Wal-Mart is marked by the "A" in the upper right hand corner, St Johns is in the lower left hand corner.)

There are at least two Walmarts in Joplin.

1501 S Range Line Rd

2623 W 7Th St

One is north of 69, the other to the east is south of 69. Could be both got hit.

VERY possible that both walmarts were hit as they are nearly a direct E-SE of each other... one not as severe as the other one maybe.. who knows,

Archived