12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully JoMo is ok. I tried to do street view in the far SW part of Joplin, since it looks like hes in a newer development with a wooded backyard, but street view is mostly only available on the main streets, not the side streets. My thinking was that he might be west of Schlifferdecker Road and south of Newton road.

My gosh--these next two days are going to turn this into another historic outbreak, unfortunately. Tuesday looks sick across the southern plains--in a bad way.

To your trained eyes, does this look like another east of I-35 type of event in OK? Oklahoman's are always weather-aware, but I'm worried some in the OKC metro have been lulled to sleep with everything being east of here so far this year.

Don't post here too often. Last time was during our period of blizzards and extreme cold this past winter.

Thinking about JoMo right now.

To your trained eyes, does this look like another east of I-35 type of event in OK? Oklahoman's are always weather-aware, but I'm worried some in the OKC metro have been lulled to sleep with everything being east of here so far this year.

Don't post here too often. Last time was during our period of blizzards and extreme cold this past winter.

Thinking about JoMo right now.

Not this one. I35 will be east of the dryline. With the projected rapid height falls expected capping doesn't look to be a large issue. Tuesday looks like a potentially significant outbreak.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI

935 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0802 PM TSTM WND DMG 2 W MILWAUKEE INTERNATI 42.94N 87.93W

05/22/2011 MILWAUKEE WI AMATEUR RADIO

ROOFING TORN OFF DAYS INN AT 13TH AND COLLEGE. ESTIMATED

60 MPH WINDS.

0802 PM TSTM WND GST GREENDALE 42.94N 88.00W

05/22/2011 M45.00 MPH MILWAUKEE WI MESONET

TIME APPROXIMATE

I did not think we got that high of winds in the city. We did get a lot of rain and thunder. I would say an inch or greater.

Not this one. I35 will be east of the dryline. With the projected rapid height falls expected capping doesn't look to be a large issue. Tuesday looks like a potentially significant outbreak.

not to be rude, but i believe there's a seperate thread for the 23rd-26th potential.

Emergency responders doing a fine job with the situation dealt to them.

Hopefully JoMo is ok. I tried to do street view in the far SW part of Joplin, since it looks like hes in a newer development with a wooded backyard, but street view is mostly only available on the main streets, not the side streets. My thinking was that he might be west of Schlifferdecker Road and south of Newton road.

Lets hope so because I believe Newton Road/ 32nd street was the southern boundary of the path... he's likely got no power and or no way to communicate via computer but I have a good feeling that he abit BARELY, he dodged the bullet... lets hope we get something from him soon though either way.

Lets hope so because I believe Newton Road/ 32nd street was the southern boundary of the path... he's likely got no power and or no way to communicate via computer but I have a good feeling that he abit BARELY, he dodged the bullet... lets hope we get something from him soon though either way.

Agreed. That and being a member of these forums means hes very weather aware and savy, which goes a long way in staying safe.

alright, i gotta get some zzz;s... What a day. tragic... Let's hope for the best in the AM. NIce work to all in here tonight.

This forum is quite enjoyable to post in in the metorological sense. Let's keep the tornado's away from the cities and towns. Will be posting in the days coming as much as possible.

No kiddin i hope hes ok here in joplin it does look like a nuke wewnt off in spots here in town tragic , devastating and numbing to say the least , lets all give prayers for the rest of our joplin families tonight i know i am giving prayers for people of my town and counting my blessings as there are many that have lost everything today in this tornadic event ..... also does anyone know how the rest of this week looks for here as far as does it look like we get hit again with kind of an event here in swmo ?????

This matches the view between the houses in the "More" link above.

This matches the second picture under the "Pics" link above.

This is just under 1 mile northwest of the hospital in Joplin.

Thoughts and prayers are with all in Joplin.

Yes lets hope he's safe, that looks like where he'd be located. Hopefully the tornado just missed him to the south.

Basehunters is saying this on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Basehunters/202554713102266

"it was an incredible scene this evening in Joplin, MO. We got the only video of the tornado as it was moving into Joplin and were first on the scene of the damage near downtown. It was a very scare sight! Video will be up soon."

So hopefully we should be seeing some video of this tornado soon.

oh crap..... IF that's a correct match then what's left of his house could land halfway to Springfield... that area is right in the bulls-eye of some of the highest damage

If that's it then according to KOAMTV there is a triage 300m from that house

http://maps.google.c....01929&t=h&z=16

Okay, if that is his block I just found a news article that says the school one block east of his possible location took a hit- Cecil Floyd Elementary

Also, CNN is live now they were showing chopper footage of a huge fire.

Archived