amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closest Walmart to the hospital is A mile north and roughly 2.5/3 miles East of the hospital. So if you have this kind of destruction this far away, I can't imagine what is between the 2 locations.

whew,, if that math is correct, thats unreal.

Do we know which way the tornado was heading in relation between the two points? Im assuming these two locations were parallel to the tornado's path, hence, the " damage between the 2 locations" comment?

whew,, if that math is correct, thats unreal.

Do we know which way the tornado was heading in relation between the two points? Im assuming these two locations were parallel to the tornado's path, hence, the " damage between the 2 locations" comment?

The Tornado was moving Just a touch South of East.

QC's

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL

824 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN THE QUAD CITIES HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN SCOTT COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL IOWA...

NORTHWESTERN HENRY COUNTY IN NORTHWEST ILLINOIS...

EAST CENTRAL ROCK ISLAND COUNTY IN NORTHWEST ILLINOIS...

* UNTIL 915 PM CDT.

* AT 821 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

TORNADO NEAR DAVENPORT...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

I find the damage to the gas station across the street from St. John's interesting. Bettes showed the convenience store was completely gone (expected EF4) while the gas station canopy was still intact, but buckled (expected EF2). Not trying to rate it one way or another, just pointing out some of the difficulty in surveying (especially by photos/video).

I find the damage to the gas station across the street from St. John's interesting. Bettes showed the convenience store was completely gone (expected EF4) while the gas station canopy was still intact, but buckled (expected EF2). Not trying to rate it one way or another, just pointing out some of the difficulty in surveying (especially by photos/video).

Not to mention that this was by some accounts a multivortex beast

I really fear that JoMo may have taken a close, if not direct hit from this thing. He had said he was just SE of the couplet. If that's the case, it may have moved directly at him.

Yeah, it's concerning. If it missed him, it missed by a whisker.

I really fear that JoMo may have taken a close, if not direct hit from this thing. He had said he was just SE of the couplet. If that's the case, it may have moved directly at him.

Yeah I am very concerned for JoMo, looking at this damage at both separate locations.

I really can't believe this is happening again. After Tuscaloosa... just wow. This must be the worst year in terms of the population centers hit since 1953.

I agree with you. It's seemed like every major tornado this year has directly hit a population center. It's only May as well, hopefully the rest of the year will quiet down.

Archived