e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt he is going to have an incredible story to tell - let's just hope he is okay. Wish someone had his phone number and more info. Could at least text him or something - he knew it was coming - no doubt he took shelter. Let's just hope it was substantial shelter.

Terrible.

I really hope we hear from him. It's really hard not having any other info on him other than a general location.

Excerpts of new info:

http://www.fox14tv.com/story/14694117/tornados-strike-joplin

At the 15th and Rangeline Walmart ambulances lined the street as emergency rescue officials across the Four-States have responded to rescue hundreds of residents trapped inside the building.

Updated 8:40 PM CST: KOAM Chief Videographer Aaron Thompson was at 20th and Rhode Island and says damage at Commerce Bank, Papa Johns. Damage going east is "worse and worse". Says he was unable to get to Range Line from that direction.

"I didn't know where I was... street signs are just gone".

Yes JoplinMet is a TV met at KOAM in Joplin. Saw him on their website tonite going over some of the details of the storm. He appears to be OK.

Ok good to hear--thanks for the info. I remember talking with Jomo during an earlier outbreak and he spoke about how the May 2008 Picher/Neosha tornado was the first weather event that truly scared him. Hope he is ok.

well i guess we should have a moderator that maybe keeps a phone# list or something on hand? Needless to say I am very worried for JoMo...I think that's an understatement. We may just have to be patient for a few days, sending up prayers for him and all others that are affected by this.

I had a little fun here around 830pm...but I think we may have had someone in the general public report a scud cloud or something as a tornado/funnel cloud as I was out doing a local drive about and didn't see anything that remotely resembled what I would call a funnel cloud or tornado. So who knows.

Another day, another violent group of tornadoes. Ironically enough I have some distant relatives up in the Plover/Wisconsin Rapids area and they said the tornado up in this area was very violent. They are fine but they don't want to experience anything like it for a long time.

Archived