Newest Member
    Toothache
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't find any news videos in SW MO.

The scanner feeds are down on the radio reference site.

And... just went through the radio stations in town. all their listen live feeds are offline.

EDIT:

This radio station just came online in Joplin, but it keeps breaking in and out.

http://www.streamaud...Q_FM&filename=#

The last thing I heard on it before it cut out was they saw debris flying out the wnidow as the tornado went through the town.

OMG look at the spotter network report in Joplin!

Icon: 37.055200,-94.515400,000,3,1,"Reported By: Jeff Piotrowski\nTornado\nTime: 2011-05-22 22:57:00 UTC\nNotes: Massive Damage large destructie tornado many homes and buisiness destroyed on west 20 street. People trapped all over the south side of Joplin. Please send help!!!"

Mesoscale Discussion 866< Previous MD mcd0866.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0866 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0547 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...CNTRL THROUGH ERN WI...ERN IA...NRN IL CONCERNING...TORNADO WATCH 322...323...327... VALID 222247Z - 230015Z THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR TORNADO WATCH 322...323...327...CONTINUES. THREAT FOR TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WIND WILL PERSIST NEXT FEW HOURS WITH STORMS DEVELOPING FROM ERN IA THROUGH WI AND NRN IL. EARLY THIS EVENING NUMEROUS STORMS CONTINUE ALONG AND AHEAD OF COLD FRONT THAT EXTENDS FROM A SURFACE LOW IN SRN MN SWD THROUGH ERN IA AND NRN MO. FUTURE STORM EVOLUTION WILL LIKELY BE INFLUENCED BY A WWD MOVING OUTFLOW BOUNDARY THAT HAS ORIGINATED FROM STORMS MOVING THROUGH ERN IL INTO NWRN IND. NEW STORMS HAVE DEVELOPED ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AS IT MOVES WWD THROUGH NWRN IL. THE BOUNDARY LAYER ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF NRN IL INTO SERN WI HAS BEEN RENDERED LESS UNSTABLE BY THE EFFECTS OF THIS CONVECTIVE OUTFLOW. A TEMPORARY INCREASE MAY OCCUR AS PRE-EXISTING STORMS MERGE WITH THE WWD SURGING OUTFLOW. THEREAFTER...IT IS UNCLEAR HOW MUCH OF A NEGATIVE IMPACT THE MORE STABLE BOUNDARY LAYER WILL HAVE ON THE STORMS AS THEY CONTINUE EWD. NEVERTHELESS...GIVEN LARGE HODOGRAPHS IN ASSOCIATION WITH 40-50 KT SWLY LLJ AND SHEAR PROFILES SUPPORTIVE OF SUPERCELLS AND BOWING SEGMENTS...SOME THREAT FOR ISOLATED TORNADOES AND LARGE HAIL WILL LIKELY PERSIST NEXT FEW HOURS. ..DIAL.. 05/22/2011 ATTN...WFO...GRB...LOT...ILX...MKX...DVN...ARX... LAT...LON 42408787 40828823 40399093 41449179 43819051 45178960 44938779 42408787

Never fails this spring.:arrowhead:

At least the second time, and the second time in two weeks this has occurred to the lake counties of Southeast Wisconsin. We'll probably still get t'storms, so I really shouldn't complain, but I thought I noticed an outflow boundary indication on the radar a couple hours ago. I guess it was.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO

602 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0546 PM TORNADO 2 SE JOPLIN 37.06N 94.49W

05/22/2011 JASPER MO PUBLIC

22ND AND BLACKCAT RD NEIGHBOHOOD MASSIVE DAMAGE BEING

REPORTED TO HOUSES AND TREES WITH PEOPLE TRAPPED IN

DEBRIS.

&&

Archived