SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN MN

229 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

MNC003-053-123-222000-

/O.CON.KMPX.TO.W.0016.000000T0000Z-110522T2000Z/

ANOKA MN-HENNEPIN MN-RAMSEY MN-

229 PM CDT SUN MAY 22 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHWESTERN RAMSEY...EAST

CENTRAL HENNEPIN AND EASTERN ANOKA COUNTIES UNTIL 300 PM CDT...

AT 227 PM CDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED DAMAGE ASSOCIATED

WITH THIS TORNADO NEAR 29TH AND LOGAN IN NORTH MINNEAPOLIS. MOVEMENT

WAS TO THE NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH. THOSE IN THE PATH OF THIS TORNADO

SHOULD TAKE COVER NOW!

With the southern cell taking over the northern cell approaching CR is petering out. Looking like not much for me. Of course the dopes ran the tornado sirens twice already despite absolutely nothing near Cedar Rapids. Those people are going to get people killed sometime if we really get a tornado because nobody is going to pay attention to the sirens.

Your humor almost makes it worth it, even if we miss all the storms, Bowme. The dead zone this season has been from the Quad Cities to Rockford and Milwaukee, including Chicago as well. Storms fire on all sides, but not in those places.

At least IAN isn't in the area chasing or we would be really screwed.

With the southern cell taking over the northern cell approaching CR is petering out. Looking like not much for me. Of course the dopes ran the tornado sirens twice already despite absolutely nothing near Cedar Rapids. Those people are going to get people killed sometime if we really get a tornado because nobody is going to pay attention to the sirens.

Your area is under 2 tornado warnings. Our procedure is that if we are under a warning, we are to set the sirens off. They probably set it off for the warning on the northern cell, then again for the warning on the southern cell. It appears they but up against each other right through Cedar Rapids.

I would rather err on the side of caution. Considering that downtown was covered in part by both warnings, with confirmed tornadoes, I would rather have the sirens sounded.

Archived