• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E.PA/NJ/NYC Metro Wind Gust Obs

Rtd208

I suspect it's a freak consequence of our perfect southern exposure and streets to funnel the wind into, but things are CRAZY here on the southern tip of Manhattan. While walking from end of Broadway to Broad Street along Water Street, I saw ripped awnings, a pedestrian blown over by a gust, and heard sounds you otherwise only see in Josh's hurricane videos. Easily 50+, I'd say more like 60.

Winds are getting pretty bad here in Long Beach. I'd estimate 50-55 mph gusts right now. I'm starting to hear the dreaded sirens up and down the streets again like we had during the March noreaster. :(

So far no major damage, but some larger tree branches are starting to come down. Entire trees won't be far behind if the wind stays like this.

So far no major damage, but some larger tree branches are starting to come down. Entire trees won't be far behind if the wind stays like this.

REP.gifLocal Storm ReportREP.gif

12/01/2010 1117 am

North Arlington, Bergen County.

Non-thunderstorm wind damage, reported by law enforcement.

Tree down on a vehicle

12/01/2010 1000 am

Leonia, Bergen County.

Non-thunderstorm wind damage, reported by law enforcement.

Tree on house on Grandview Terrace

LINK

Guest nyislander

Hi. This is my first post to AWF. My home weather station highest gust is 37 mph. I'm in Valley Stream, NY (SW Long Island)

Archived