amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Monday April 25th

janetjanet998

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These scanner reports are sounding horrible.

Ranging from complete devastation to pavement lifted.

IF true, that is a serious tornado.

Source

Pretty sure Vilonia, AR Pop 2000 took a big hit based on that. Not good when emergency workers are asking for Chainsaws to reach the town.

bookend tightening up now..new TOR warn issued for it

I haven't been following this much, but I do remember Stebo and baroclinic talking about how the models increased the winds quite dramatically at either 800 or 900 MB or something. I remember during the Derecho here a few years ago, the models did that exact same thing.

Here's the event:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=sgf&storyid=27308&source=2

TWC has awesome evening footage. As it pans left, you see rain, lighting.. and as the pan right-into the distance, it looks to me like a tornado/wall cloud... hard to tell because of lighting. but it would seem it's coming from where the hook structure would be located..Didn't catch where.

On a side note, what an amazing, but destructive, stretch of weather the last 2 weeks with no end in sight. Keep up the good work in here everyone. Learning a lot, as well as enjoying the meteorological aspect of this timeframe. Hope everyone stays safe.

SPECI KLRF 260038Z 260038Z 09006KT 1500 +TSRA FC BKN015CB OVC075 22/19 A2945 RMK B38 4W MOV NE OCNL LTGICCCCCG TS OHD MOV NE

Latest ob shows a 59kt gust at the AFB around 1z.

SPECI KLRF 260138Z AUTO 28010G25KT 6SM -RA BR FEW002 SCT016 BKN022 OVC065 17/17 A2956 RMK AO2 PK WND 19059/0058 WSHFT 0054 TSE0138 FEW V SCT SLP011 $

I haven't been following this much, but I do remember Stebo and baroclinic talking about how the models increased the winds quite dramatically at either 800 or 900 MB or something. I remember during the Derecho here a few years ago, the models did that exact same thing.

Here's the event:

http://www.crh.noaa....=27308&source=2

that was the best derecho of the last decade

Up to three here now. This is insane and reminds me of the 2003 events.

Reminds us how to fear storms

Some of us won't have any nerves left by next week!!! Local mets say this is about all they can handle and everyone is tired.

All of you mets in the affected areas are and have been doing a superb job warning your constituents. And thanks to all the mets who contribute here on this board with updated information.

Here's the event:

http://www.crh.noaa....=27308&source=2

Indeed.

post-5974-0-45287900-1303782238.png

Would be nice to have a live stream of skywarn down there.

Here's the state police:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=2235

Just heard them say "the whole town is gone."

The whole town is gone.

Does anyone have a way to see if Reed Timmer and his crew are okay? They stopped trasnmitting around the time of the storm...

/O.CON.KLZK.TO.W.0110.000000T0000Z-110426T0200Z/

WOODRUFF AR-

850 PM CDT MON APR 25 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CENTRAL WOODRUFF COUNTY

UNTIL 900 PM CDT...

AT 847 PM CDT...A TORNADO WAS REPORTED...PRODUCING. THIS TORNADO

WAS LOCATED 7 MILES SOUTH OF PATTERSON...OR 12 MILES SOUTHEAST OF

AUGUSTA...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

Here's the state police:

http://www.radiorefe...=wp&feedId=2235

Just heard them say "the whole town is gone."

The whole town is gone.

Does anyone have a way to see if Reed Timmer and his crew are okay? They stopped trasnmitting around the time of the storm...

Reed is fine, he tweeted not too long ago, saying chase is over, needs to rest for tomorrow.

The "town is gone" stuff is clearly hyperbole...looking at google earth the town itself is not really all that dense...it's strung out and diffuse, meaning it would be hard for the entire thing to be wiped out. Secondly, I'm listening to the scanner--clearly they got hit by a bad tornado, but nothing indicates that everything is wiped out.

The "town is gone" stuff is clearly hyperbole...looking at google earth the town itself is not really all that dense...it's strung out and diffuse, meaning it would be hard for the entire thing to be wiped out. Secondly, I'm listening to the scanner--clearly they got hit by a bad tornado, but nothing indicates that everything is wiped out.

yes but if you look at the map the most dense is just west of town where it looks like it went ..coker road

Archived