wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Monday April 25th

janetjanet998

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "town is gone" stuff is clearly hyperbole...looking at google earth the town itself is not really all that dense...it's strung out and diffuse, meaning it would be hard for the entire thing to be wiped out. Secondly, I'm listening to the scanner--clearly they got hit by a bad tornado, but nothing indicates that everything is wiped out.

Here's a shot:

ScreenHunter_15Apr252211.jpg

With radar:

ScreenHunter_16Apr252212.jpg

You have got to be kidding me. The same areas as today are under the gun again tomorrow? WTF. You think mother nature would give them a break at some point.

That's what happens when you have upper level disturbances ride along a stationary boundary. Until there is something "kick" the front eastward it will continue to train over the same areas. There are MDs that are saying that the front will become more linear in the next 36 hours but it obvious that Arkansas, West Tennessee, North Mississippi, and Louisiana are going to be under the gun again with the next low pressure coming out of the Rockies...

That's what happens when you have upper level disturbances ride along a stationary boundary. Until there is something "kick" the front eastward it will continue to train over the same areas. There are MDs that are saying that the front will become more linear in the next 36 hours but it obvious that Arkansas, West Tennessee, North Mississippi, and Louisiana are going to be under the gun again with the next low pressure coming out of the Rockies...

Ya i know. I hadn't looked at any guidance for tomorrow until just now, was too busy paying attention to today. Wish that I was out there chasing and not stuck in school taking exams. This has been an incredible stretch we are on and one that we will all remember for a very long time. Just hope that the death and destruction is limited.

Memphis is playing the spurs now and will be ending right as derecho arrives... what will public do?

Game is over, and arena should be empty before the top of the hour, before the storms get to Memphis. I've been in the arena during a sellout before, and traffic usually clears pretty quickly.

Game is over, and arena should be empty before the top of the hour, well before the storms get to Memphis. Any traffic issues should be gone before 1030. I've been in the arena during a sellout before, and traffic usually clears pretty quickly.

The storms are weakening, as well. It looks like, as Memphis Weather said on TNWx, that Memphis may dodge another severe bullet, as it has nearly every time this year.

I think based upon radar we are lucky it was about a mile east, and had gone over the town itself, not to say that North and West wasn't probably hellacious.

We are even luckier that the cell didn't track about 12-15 miles SE right through Little Rock proper.

Archived