• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Tornado Outbreak April 27, 2011

Just unbelievable that the Tuscaloosa storm is still likely producing tornadoes as it's about to enter Virginia. These videos are incredible as well. Camera technology has come a long ways since the Andover tornado too.

EDIT: Woops meant North Carolina lol.

?

The Tuscaloosa/B'ham cell is in Georgia.

What is that he is looking at? Possibly a car? Thats one thing I haven't noticed in any of these videos. Cars not visible and being thrown around. Maybe the tornado is so strong it destroys the car before it's able to get it off the ground. Amazing videos.

that is wayyyy too large to be a vehicle. Likely a large section of roof or something of the sort.

The closest video is the one I posted from University Mall and it was really too shaky to see if vehicles were flying, but guaranteed they were.

I typically cringe at those guessing these things prematurely, but I would be very surprised if it's not rated as EF5 based on all available information.

we haven't seen a clean slab yet....but there's got to be a bunch in there somewhere

I typically cringe at those guessing these things prematurely, but I would be very surprised if it's not rated as EF5 based on all available information.

Totally agree, I don't like the premature assessments especially when viewing photos without any sort of perspective. However, like you said there is a lot of information pointing in that direction at this hour.

WFO Memphis had 15 fatalities in their CWA this afternoon.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...SUMMARY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MEMPHIS TN

933 PM CDT WED APR 27 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON..

...DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..

0310 PM TORNADO 3 SE HOUSTON 33.87N 88.96W

04/27/2011 CHICKASAW MS EMERGENCY MNGR *** 3 FATAL, 7 INJ *** EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTS 3

FATALITIES AND 7 INJURIES. FATALITY AND INJURY NUMBERS

ARE PRELIMINARY.

0332 PM TORNADO NEW WREN 33.97N 88.62W

04/27/2011 MONROE MS EMERGENCY MNGR *** 4 FATAL *** EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTS 4 PRELIMINARY

FATALITIES AND SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE. ADDITIONAL INJURIES

UNKNOWN.

0344 PM TORNADO SMITHVILLE 34.07N 88.40W

04/27/2011 MONROE MS AMATEUR RADIO *** 8 FATAL *** EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTS MAJOR DAMAGE IN

SMITHVILLE, MS. UNKNOWN INJURIES. FATALITIES ARE

PRELIMINARY AT THIS TIME.

&&

$$

BORGHOFF

What an unbelievable day.

One of my co-workers lives in the Chattanooga area... she was not on-line to work tonight, so I can only assume it was due to the storms. The Chattanooga area was clobbered with storm after storm tonight, I was watching the radar for that area until it went off line....

Unbelievable.

This thing is a freakin machine..

I'm pretty sure Sky Valley is an old ski resort that closed down in the mid 90s. Remarkable.

Soon it'll be in the 4000 ft mountains. But the 3000s haven't stopped it.

I have some relatives who live in Atlanta and have a weekend house up near Sky View/Dillard. Any tornado, if it was on the ground went close to their house. They'll be up there Friday and evaluate any damage at that time.