• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Tornado Outbreak April 27, 2011

Yes, but I don't think you understand how some of this stuff is out of each individual's control. Imagine houses that don't have basements and are swept off their foundations. You're telling me if the people in those houses don't survive it's their fault b/c they didn't heed the warnings?

If they were warned and know they were warned, you can't really place 'blame' on anyone but them. You can't say they weren't warned and it wasn't a failure in the warning system. There are unfortunate circumstances where people like the elderly can't get to a shelter.

I live in a house on a slab, meaning I don't have a basement, my neighbor does have a basement though and I can go over there assuming it isn't underwater at the time.

You also have to deal with 'warning fatigue'. When an area experiences a lot of tornado warnings and 'nothing happens' at their particular location, they may not take action when that one time something does happen at their location.

I'm amazed by the sheer complexity of the vortices in these videos...horizontal shooters, multiple satellites, giant parent mesos, etc

Yeah, really puts into perspective not only the vertical shear that was in the atmosphere but the horizontal shear today.

I played 2 years of baseball at Young Harris (between Hiawassee and Blairsville below), but I still hold this part of northern GA close to my heart... Missed YHC, but this thing might be nailing 'Brasstown Bald.'

I imagine the observatory at brasstown bald is going to be no more..

This thing is tracking right at Western Carolina University within about an hour- 1 1/2 hours.

post-5832-0-07483900-1303959411.jpg

Here's a webcam from the Brasstown Bald observatory...Brasstown is the highest point in Georgia.

http://www.fs.usda.g...0Forest-%20Home

This is pretty epic watching this webcam because I know there are very sparsely populated beautiful mountains here. This is where tornadoes should hit if they must hit somewhere.

Can anyone screen cap anything they can make out on the cam?