• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Tornado Outbreak April 27, 2011

For what area and time period? Any other info on this?

And it appears that everyone else also thinks the Tuscaloosa and Andover tornadoes are virtual twins.

ABC 33/40 said they didn't know the breakdown as of yet, but they said that's just from Alabama today.

Also about the sirens not working today, mainly places were without power from this morning's storms, which may have caused the sirens to not be able to be sounded.

They just stated it was just for Pleasant Grove :(

Oh that is very very bad. :( If that is true, the death toll is going to be intolerably high overall. I was really hoping that would be the one area(deaths) that would not be so bad with this outbreak, but when you have tornadoes like this in large towns, deaths are inevitable I guess. Just horrible for the southeast. And it is still ongoing.

Here's a shot of what used to be WAFF, Channel 48 in Huntsville's Doppler. It's now just a tower. Note the building in front of it.

From KAKE Meteorologist Jay Prater "I was the Managing Meteorologist at WAFF-48 in Huntsville, Alabama when "Doppler 2000" was installed along US-72, in the late 90s. My "pride and joy"...at that time, it was the most advanced privately owned weather radar in the state. Only the tower remains today after being struck by a tornado. Thank you WAFF-48 Chief Meteorologist Brad Travis for posting this image."

Line on the eastern side of AL about to move into GA looks like a nightmare scenario for metro ATL if they continue to migrate discretely instead of forming a line.

All, am I the only one seeing that vertical line in Eastern AL continuing to separate discretely as it roars towards Atlanta?

Here's a shot of what used to be WAFF, Channel 48 in Huntsville's Doppler. It's now just a tower. Note the building in front of it.

From KAKE Meteorologist Jay Prater "I was the Managing Meteorologist at WAFF-48 in Huntsville, Alabama when "Doppler 2000" was installed along US-72, in the late 90s. My "pride and joy"...at that time, it was the most advanced privately owned weather radar in the state. Only the tower remains today after being struck by a tornado. Thank you WAFF-48 Chief Meteorologist Brad Travis for posting this image."

Man to pull off a radar ball like that is unreal.

in a strange way, that's slightly amusing

Looks like we have the storms in Tn are also becoming dangerous

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN

917 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

BLOUNT COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...

LOUDON COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...

NORTHERN MCMINN COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...

MONROE COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...

* UNTIL 1000 PM EDT

* AT 913 PM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO 5 MILES

NORTHEAST OF ETOWAH...OR 8 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ATHENS. DOPPLER RADAR

SHOWED THIS TORNADO MOVING NORTHEAST AT 65 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...

SWEETWATER...MADISONVILLE...LOUDON...LENOIR CITY...MARYVILLE...

ALCOA...EAGLETON VILLAGE...CITICO...PHILADELPHIA...TARIFFVILLE...

VONORE...CITICO BEACH...GREENBACK...TALASSEE...FRIENDSVILLE...

CLOVER HILL...HAPPY VALLEY...CADES COVE...WALLAND AND TOWNSEND.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...