• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

Not sure what you're saying..but i absolutely came up with AWT..and you won't find any disagreement with that. i did not come up with lalalala lick it up..That was the great ones..Craig Carton

others were arrogantly but jokingly saying "as we thought", "as we thought all along" , " as we have been thinking since the get-go" before you...not sure who abbreviated it first, I guess. who cares.

lick it up? lmao

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

others were arrogantly but jokingly saying "as we thought", "as we thought all along" , " as we have been thinking since the get-go" before you...not sure who abbreviated it first, I guess. who cares.

lick it up? lmao

Nah..that was me saying that. i started it last summer.

No biggie..it doesn't matter.

Kiss...Lick It up

nam from 36 to 42 is just out to lunch sorry, precip gets shunted south and leaves most of sne totally out of the game, not going to happen like that, no how no way.

It may not be correct, but it is not out to lunch - as you say. There are physics to that madness and those are plausible. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen.

What happens there is not as uncommon as one may think with coastal deepening. When it does the system contracts, and this means pinching off the WAA that is producing those shield snows (that light to moderate envelopement at 36 hours). Once that happens the QPF goes poof. The lower to middle tropospheric cyclogenesis S of the area robs the WAA overrunning at 36 hours.

Sorry, it may not be what people holding onto snow lust want to hear or see, but it is not impossible for that to play out that way.

Having said that, all hope is not lost, either. A significant part of the dynamics of the total system have not even come on shore out W just yet... Should streak dynamics come in stronger, there will be more lead S/W ridging response however subtle, and that would cause local system morphology over previoius depictions by the time it all passes through.

It may not be correct, but it is not out to lunch - as you say. There are physics to that madness and those are plausible. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen.

What happens there is not as uncommon as one may think with coastal deepening. When it does the system contracts, and this means pinching off the WAA that is producing those shield snows (that light to moderate envelopement at 36 hours). Once that happens the QPF goes poof. The lower to middle tropospheric cyclogenesis S of the area robs the WAA overrunning at 36 hours.

Sorry, it may not be what people holding onto snow lust want to hear or see, but it is not impossible for that to play out that way.

Having said that, all hope is not lost, either. A significant part of the dynamics of the total system have not even come on shore out W just yet... Should streak dynamics come in stronger, there will be more lead S/W ridging response however subtle, and that would cause local system morphology over previoius depictions by the time it all passes through.

I am saying its wrong for far different reasons than you might expect, hopefully I am all rain and 40 while you and ski country get buried, I am praying for all of you!:snowman: :snowman: :thumbsup:

From Mt Hollys disco, seems like the NAMs current forecast has not verified..too far south and too cold

JUST WANTED TO ADD A QUICK AND DIRTY VERIFICATION OF WHICH MODEL

IS HANDLING OUR UPCOMING SYSTEM THE BEST THROUGH ITS 12HR

FORECAST. OVERALL ITS THE ECMWF. THE NAM'S SFC LOW FCST POSN IS TOO

FAR SOUTH AND ITS TOO COLD, IT HAS INFERRED FREEZING RAIN AS A

PTYPE WHERE TEMPERATURES ARE IN THE MID 30S IN SOUTH DAKOTA.

CONVERSELY THE GFS HAD A DECENT PTYPE AND SFC LOW VERIFICATION,

BUT ITS QPF AXIS VERIFIED TOO FAR TO THE SW IN THE OH VALLEY. BOTH

CANADIAN MODELS PUT THE SFC LOW TOO DEEP INTO THE COLD AIR. WE'LL SEE

HOW THE MODELS INITIALIZE OFF THE 12Z SOUNDINGS

Good news!!

I'm pulling for the day 14/15 interior crushing on the 6Z GFS. That's the day I will be driving home from FL via DC. :) This pattern has many opportunities it seems.

I am saying its wrong for far different reasons than you might expect, hopefully I am all rain and 40 while you and ski country get buried, I am praying for all of you!:snowman: :snowman: :thumbsup:

Archived