• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it has good inflow at 850 up your way by 12z Thursday. It's more organized even down here between 12z and 18z Thursday. The low really didn't shift north..actually it went a little south, but we also might be seeing model noise where convection and other processes may mess around with the WAA and shift things around. I think it does bring home the fact that mid level processes like frontogenesis will occur much farther north from the low center.

Yeah, Its not further north as i had gone back and looked at 06z, Precip is more on a SW-NE orientation as the trough pivots back SW

This is really nice inflow from the Atlantic. Earlier, although flow was lighter, it had great WAA from the SE over SNE. Dryslot and Brian would like this. I wonder if the GFS is still a little on the north side, but I think it has the right idea, unlike the NAM.

post-33-0-13883900-1300810512.gif

That inflow would produce some decent snows here backing in from the atlantic over the colder air aloft and at the surface..

They already closed?

lol, thats pathetic

Did you ski there this year? I think Sunday was their last day... no one goes

It's all about the $$$. I am surprised that WaWa stays open. So few people go this time of the year. I keep parking in row 0 or 1 (yesterday row -1)

Sometimes I get an entire trail to myself...

Did you ski there this year? I think Sunday was their last day... no one goes

It's all about the $. I am surprised that WaWa stays open. So few people go this time of the year. I keep parking in row 0 or 1 (yesterday row -1)

Sometimes I get an entire trail to myself...

I know a couple years in the 1990s they (Wawa) closed in mid March....awful. I think 1995 they were closed by Mar 10th. But other years they were open late. I remember 100% of their trails were open (including the fakes ones in the woods) after the Mar 1993 Superstorm. I skied it on Mar 15th that year as we had no school because of snow removal issues. I think they were open into the 2nd week of April in 2001 according to my cousin who used to work there as a ski instructor.

They already closed?

lol, thats pathetic

Thanks, Will....

We have only been open on weekends, as it is a complete ghost town around here during the week.

We were open last weekend (March 19-20), and we will open again this upcoming weekend. After that, we should be done.

You need to realize that operating costs are rediculous, and shortly after Feb vacation, attendance crashes even on the weekends. We find that it costs more money to stay open than we could possibly make, and every day that we're open, we're losing money.

I am certain that if you owned the mountain, you would do the exact same thing with regards to cutting your losses and not running the lifts.

We had a spectacular season, with 7 days setting an all-time attendance record. We were able to stop making snow in mid-January due to the amazing string of storms. Of course, the rainstorms kinda killed our snow, and the few warm torch days that we had also ate a big hole in our snowpack. I am at the mountain today, and it looks pretty good out there with yesterday's new snowfall. Anything that we get later this week will be a pure bonus, and I think that conditions SHOULD be pretty good for this last weekend.

Thanks, Will....

We have only been open on weekends, as it is a complete ghost town around here during the week.

We were open last weekend (March 19-20), and we will open again this upcoming weekend. After that, we should be done.

You need to realize that operating costs are rediculous, and shortly after Feb vacation, attendance crashes even on the weekends. We find that it costs more money to stay open than we could possibly make, and every day that we're open, we're losing money.

I am certain that if you owned the mountain, you would do the exact same thing with regards to cutting your losses and not running the lifts.

We had a spectacular season, with 7 days setting an all-time attendance record. We were able to stop making snow in mid-January due to the amazing string of storms. Of course, the rainstorms kinda killed our snow, and the few warm torch days that we had also ate a big hole in our snowpack. I am at the mountain today, and it looks pretty good out there with yesterday's new snowfall. Anything that we get later this week will be a pure bonus, and I think that conditions SHOULD be pretty good for this last weekend.

I should have put a tongue in cheek face next to that post...I am aware that operating costs are high and its not worth it if nobody shows up.

Its just mostly a conceptual jab...places closing in the Berkshires by the equinox. Doesn't seem right.

I should have put a tongue in cheek face next to that post...I am aware that operating costs are high and its not worth it if nobody shows up.

Its just mostly a conceptual jab...places closing in the Berkshires by the equinox. Doesn't seem right.

I know... it bums me out too!

I can tell you that regardless of how much snow is on the ground, we won't open on April 1st... never have. I'm pretty certain that it is an insurance thing, with our liability coverage running out at the end of March.

Thanks, Will....

I agree in some parts. Yes the daily bottom line is important, but so is the overall.

For WaWa, they basically say at the start of the year what the end date is (this year April 3). I bought my season pass for this and I understand how weather, etc. plays a role. If there is snow, they should spin the lifts as much as possible. 37 times so far this year.

Glad you are open this weekend. Maybe I will go?

It's a numbers game checkout the camshot from SR where Ginx is or is heading...there's nobody there either and they have 128 of 132 trails open.

NWRYS_s.jpg

I agree in some parts. Yes the daily bottom line is important, but so is the overall.

For WaWa, they basically say at the start of the year what the end date is (this year April 3). I bought my season pass for this and I understand how weather, etc. plays a role. If there is snow, they should spin the lifts as much as possible. 37 times so far this year.

Glad you are open this weekend. Maybe I will go?

Yeah, I don't own the place, and I certainly would do things differently if I did! Whether it's inconsistent night hours or early closing date, in many ways, it is what it is. I'm of the perception that "if you build it, they will come," but I don't think that they agree with me many times....

...but seriously, come on up this weekend! We'll certainly be less busy than WaWa.

Archived