• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro is a little stronger, a little further nw with the low, but the QPF is tucked in. However, it has a nice CCB just offshore.

AT 500MB the s/w in question seems a little slower and more southwest. This in turn, pumps heights up just a bit along the east coast. This causes the slight nw jog with a nice QPF blob over the Cape. It did take a more nw jog.

Its pretty close to being a much bigger hit...if there is just a hair more downstream ridging, the 5h low will capture the sfc and rip this in closer with a stronger CCB. As is though, we get in on some nice mid-level fronto and associated deformation. But all of that could be quite a bit heavier if we can get just a tad more downstream ridging.

I would like for this to happen.

That makes at least 2 of us -

man, I am flucking about as done with this snow schit like cancer a survivor comming off their last session of chemo!

Oh, well - what can you do. I guess there's at least interesting Meteorology in it.

Its pretty close to being a much bigger hit...if there is just a hair more downstream ridging, the 5h low will capture the sfc and rip this in closer with a stronger CCB. As is though, we get in on some nice mid-level fronto and associated deformation. But all of that could be quite a bit heavier if we can get just a tad more downstream ridging.

Yeah that's a tasty CCB right over the Cape. A nice anemometer annihilator for Phil and his weenie mobile with that paste.

I know a lot of people are not big fans of the dreaded "trend" word but let's face it... 3 cycles now and counting of NW bumpage can't sit well with any deterministic thinking for less at this point.

We'll see.

man, I am flucking about as done with this snow schit like cancer a survivor comming off their last session of chemo!

Oh, well - what can you do. I guess there's at least interesting Meteorology in it.

Back flips off the Tobin?

Hopefully we can get an even larger system out of this pattern near the end of the month.

Wow, looks like the hilly terrain in MA did really well in that.

That was a cool storm. I had a couple of inches of paste before flipping to rain and dryslotting, but then another surge of dynamics came north and I actually has TSSN for an hour around 7am on the 7th.

No need to tie yourself to a dock with the other end of the rope attached to a motorboat, and then gun it. It should be a nice little event I think, perhaps fun to watch unfold over the next 24 hours.

Scooter or will what's the timing with this? When is the peak?

Peak looks like the overnight hours of Wed night into early Thursday. But it probably comes into CT from SW to NE in the morning hours tomorrow...most of SNE should be snowing by tomorrow evening.

Back flips off the Tobin?

Hopefully we can get an even larger system out of this pattern near the end of the month.

Yea, Scott and I were just hem hawing over that... I suppose if it really came on and did something historic I'd be into it, but I really don't care for these nickle deals at this time of year... Dimes might be okay, but seeing as we are apparently in for a grind out on getting this year's cold season behind us, the only thing that would really work for me is quarter dollar or more.

I suppose once every 500 years there a half dollar (1888). I bet at some point over the last 1,000,000 years of eastern N/A's history there was a whole buck.

Will/Scott your take on Euro temps in Plymouth/Taunton falmouth?

I've got to assume it's a little roasty down this way based on the CCB description.

Will/Scott your take on Euro temps in Plymouth/Taunton falmouth?

I've got to assume it's a little roasty down this way based on the CCB description.

Well I think it's probably a 32-33F paste down there. It's about -4C or -5C at 850. If you get into the good lift, I don't think you'll have that much of an issue. The same sort of applies here near BOS, especially earlier on, but mid levels are just a hair colder.

Archived