• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

No matter what type of 850 temps the fantasy land models show the next two weeks, It'll be mostly 40s for everyone with any sun at all. The higher els maybe 30s on the colder days, regardless.

That is seasonably cool/cold Spring weather.

It will be solidly below normal for at least a couple days. Looks like -10 or so by the end of the week which is pretty cool for the time of year.

Thankfully for us normal people... near 40 and sun isn't the worst thing in the world.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB all over it..Spring is over...Get out the heavy jackets, gloves hats and snowplows and shovels

That deep blue represents the idea that what I have been touting has merit, its 12 below normal!!!! and it also means weather more normal for MID FEBRUARY than late March!. Interestingly enough, the weather in mid February this year was more like late April!Dramamine anyone?

And yes, the snow/ice event the mid and latter part of next week is still a go, and in fact there may be a couple more of them in the weeks to follow

JB is horrific, just horrific. WHat a disaster of a winter forecast he had. Back in reality town USA, today was forecast to be 47 yesterday, I awake to a forecast of sunny and 54, another classic early spring day. Monday is going to torch as well, and then finally the much anticipated "cooldown" for later next week, this time of year with full sunshine is no big deal whatsoever.

I look forward to 45 and sun............its actually awesome!!

JB is horrific, just horrific. WHat a disaster of a winter forecast he had. Back in reality town USA, today was forecast to be 47 yesterday, I awake to a forecast of sunny and 54, another classic early spring day. Monday is going to torch as well, and then finally the much anticipated "cooldown" for later next week, this time of year with full sunshine is no big deal whatsoever.

I don't think Monday is much of a torch with precip, cold air aloft, and a wind off the water.

you live in practically the mid atlantic....same goes for SE plym county...S ri coast and CC

for the rest of SNE get the jackets and salt...and shovel handy

JB all over it..Spring is over...Get out the heavy jackets, gloves hats and snowplows and shovels

That deep blue represents the idea that what I have been touting has merit, its 12 below normal!!!! and it also means weather more normal for MID FEBRUARY than late March!. Interestingly enough, the weather in mid February this year was more like late April!Dramamine anyone?

And yes, the snow/ice event the mid and latter part of next week is still a go, and in fact there may be a couple more of them in the weeks to follow

enough with all the snow already

EC has a solid 10-16" event for me on monday.

It actually almost never changes over for N of the pike....and its qpf looked really heavy compared to other guidance too. Its probably like a 6"+ snow bomb for Monads and N ORH hills back to N Berks.

Its probably both too cold and too wet, but it makes you think a little. It does have some support form the Ukie. You can see why those two are colder and wetter...the s/w digs further south and drops the heights...almost trying to get a little coastal to nuke.

It actually almost never changes over for N of the pike....and its qpf looked really heavy compared to other guidance too. Its probably like a 6"+ snow bomb for Monads and N ORH hills back to N Berks.

Its probably both too cold and too wet, but it makes you think a little. It does have some support form the Ukie. You can see why those two are colder and wetter...the s/w digs further south and drops the heights...almost trying to get a little coastal to nuke.

Looks like a classic swfe on the Ukie. Snow for me and rain for Kevin at hr 72.

That southeast extension of the s/w swings through to give you a nice paste, but then the main s/w digs southeast and nukes Maine.

I'd like to see the whole thing trend a little south. If the thing can nuke out over us as opposed to north of us I'd get more excited.

LOL

Well mid levels start to tip for you. The euro is colder, but even that looks like it goes to a mix for you after maybe a few inches.

Either way hopefully you guys get something..maybe even over to me, but I don't expect too much as of now. I think Will and points north...even over to Ray should probably monitor it more closely.

If we get a Ukie/Euro type depiction, then it could snow heavily for a few hours...GFS/NAM are a bit lighter but still offer some snow on the front end.

But its definitely about getting that shortwave a little further south which the way the Euro/Ukie trended. Go one more tick south and its probably a warning event for the northern hills and Berks...but I'm def still pretty pessimistic because there's plenty of reason to believe it will stay far enough north to just give a bit of snow on the front end, and then a flip to RA- before quick dryslot from the west.

If we get a Ukie/Euro type depiction, then it could snow heavily for a few hours...GFS/NAM are a bit lighter but still offer some snow on the front end.

But its definitely about getting that shortwave a little further south which the way the Euro/Ukie trended. Go one more tick south and its probably a warning event for the northern hills and Berks...but I'm def still pretty pessimistic because there's plenty of reason to believe it will stay far enough north to just give a bit of snow on the front end, and then a flip to RA- before quick dryslot from the west.

That's pretty much the 06z GFS. Dryslot races in, but does give you a bit of snow.

A sad sight at my poor stake with only 7 inches left there....and that is the shaded wooded area. 10 days ago we had 18 to 30 inches in the woods. Now we have about 3 to 10 inches in the woods. :( The fields and any lawn that gets sun are bare - excepting a few drifts here and there.

Big big winter. 17" at the stake, 0.5" new and moderate snow falling.

Archived