Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to work out at around 4pm today..temps were in the low 50s and you could feel the typical, cool early spring seabreeze compliments of the southerly winds. I walked out of the gym 90 minutes later and I was completely surprised that temps had spiked well into the 60s. It felt great, even though it was only for a brief period of time. In fact, because we only had the warm air for a limited period of time it didn't really help warm the house up because temps were spiking when the sun was setting.

new site, soon to be a paid one...meh

Ahhh yes, so we can pay for someone to conjure up ways for a 12z GFS long range prog to work out, haha. All I know is that JB owes me about 600 inches from when I read him back in high school growing up in Albany. Every storm was the next great blizzard; it almost sounds as though he's toned it down a bit in recent years, but when he first came out with that "long ranger" video on Accuweather... man, you would've thought he was forecasting for the summits of the Cascades rather than the northeastern U.S.

Back on topic... such an awesome long range pattern for the end of March on the model progs and ensembles. I'm actually starting to get a decent feeling that we should come out of this with at least one snow event, maybe two. I could see two measurable snowfalls, one plowable storm.

The 12z GFS sends storm after storm out to our south out in fantasy land. Hopefully one of them can work out.

I went to work out at around 4pm today..temps were in the low 50s and you could feel the typical, cool early spring seabreeze compliments of the southerly winds. I walked out of the gym 90 minutes later and I was completely surprised that temps had spiked well into the 60s. It felt great, even though it was only for a brief period of time. In fact, because we only had the warm air for a limited period of time it didn't really help warm the house up because temps were spiking when the sun was setting.

My front door, which is metal and behind an all glass storm door, was hot to the touch this afternoon...

Yuck

In a month or so, I will replace the glass with a screen...the cycle continues

As far as I'm concerned the sun is unpleasantly strong from about late April through mid August. You sit in the car without the a/c on and fry, most activities out in the full sun have you sweating..... I can only bide the time till around August 15th when things get noticeably better. I'd get the heck out of here and go to Tasmania or something for those three months if I was independently wealthy of an affluent retiree. :devilsmiley:

My front door, which is metal and behind an all glass storm door, was hot to the touch this afternoon...

Yuck

In a month or so, I will replace the glass with a screen...the cycle continues

As far as I'm concerned the sun is unpleasantly strong from about late April through mid August. You sit in the car without the a/c on and fry, most activities out in the full sun have you sweating..... I can only bide the time till around August 15th when things get noticeably better. I'd get the heck out of here and go to Tasmania or something for those three months if I was independently wealthy of an affluent retiree. :devilsmiley:

New Zealand would make me happy those months

I don't mind summer too much when I am not working... AC works, pool works. But I hate the bugs, humidity, allergies, etc. Oct-April is best

Maybe Pete has land at 2K for not too much $$$. Frigid arctic wasteland there

Mosquitos and ticks ,,,enough said.... I dread the first buzzing sound near my head one day in April probably. :arrowhead: Pollen is awful also, but I moved to an area with no woods right near me so it's been a lot better than when I lived in the heavily wooded Hudson Valley.

NZ has a few, shall we say, seismic risks ...so I went with Tasmania. :thumbsup:

I don't mind summer too much when I am not working... AC works, pool works. But I hate the bugs, humidity, allergies, etc. Oct-April is best

Maybe Pete has land at 2K for not too much $$. Frigid arctic wasteland there

Pete's area is catering to the affluent types from BOS or NYC...who actually must recoil when they realize the winter wx they get at their 2K feet palace. I looked in far ENY near the MA/VT line etc. at first, but too pricey competing with those people...much cheaper out here. This 44 acres cost $75 k in 2004. :) Of course the per capita income is about half that of Berkshire County.

Maybe Pete has land at 2K for not too much $$. Frigid arctic wasteland there

Pete's area is catering to the affluent types from BOS or NYC...who actually must recoil when they realize the winter wx they get at their 2K feet palace. I looked in far ENY near the MA/VT line etc. at first, but too pricey competing with those people...much cheaper out here. This 44 acres cost $75 k in 2004. :) Of course the per capita income is about half that of Berkshire County.

They just stay in Bermuda for the Winter. Sometimes they come up at X-mas to ski. Almost every house I buld is a second, third or fourth home. I've only built 2 primary residences in the last 10 yrs.

I'm not used to these early mornings... heavy heavy coffee at work.

No mention in BOX's AFD about snow on Monday. Really strange.

I just happened to look at the euro and was like, "whoa"..lol. I haven't looked all that closely, but it seemed like the chance of front end snow is there.

Archived