• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

It's basically a six hour event I guess. Around here about 7 AM to 1 PM consensus.... Hope its mostly snow in the burst and then it just tapers to a light mix/-rn....

Wednesday is a bigger deal, but Monday could get to to 100 inches. :snowman:

Yeah a little less juicy and perhaps a little warmer after 18z Monday, on this run.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCB over the Cape and islands. It looked like there was a hint of an inv trough feature at 120 keeping snow flying well NW of the low as the PV slowly dropped south through QB. Then the CCB just takes over as the low slides a hair S of the BM.

As you stated, I would be glad to give up a mangled 1" Monday if we can get a nice event mid-week

Ha, we have to have the storm of the century when I was gone to San Antonio, TX for BMT. How were the snowstorms from the end of JAN to the end of FEB? I heard Cape Cod, MA missed out on all of the snow for the most part, I looked at the PNS from those dates and saw nothing but 0.5 to 1.0" of snow amounts for this period. Yes it is I James from Harwich, MA or CCSuperstorm2010 or some other names I cannot remember.

Ha, we have to have the storm of the century when I was gone to San Antonio, TX for BMT. How were the snowstorms from the end of JAN to the end of FEB? I heard Cape Cod, MA missed out on all of the snow for the most part, I looked at the PNS from those dates and saw nothing but 0.5 to 1.0" of snow amounts for this period. Yes it is I James from Harwich, MA or CCSuperstorm2010 or some other names I cannot remember.

Heeeeyyyyy!!! How is the AF?!?!

Heeeeyyyyy!!! How is the AF?!?!

Right now tech school is boring we have free time, but during that free time we are hanging out in a room where we can only play pool and watch television, I would rather hang out in my room instead. I have broadband internet now hooked up to my laptop so I can actually access the internet. The dorm I am in does not have internet or cable so television is not an option. Anyways we clean the dorm and help the army out when they need our help. There are about 60-70 people awaiting for their classes to begin so there are a lot of us to do very few details. Other than that weekends we are on our own, we have restrictions, like no alcohol and tobacco products in the dorm or to be consumed, no coffee or energy drinks allowed, we have certain uniforms we can only wear outside of the dorm. I mean this is just a transition period from an environment of almost all restrictions to an environment that has the least amount of restrictions. Perhaps preparing us for what the operational USAF has to offer. It was a gruesome and rewarding process.

Right now tech school is boring we have free time, but during that free time we are hanging out in a room where we can only play pool and watch television, I would rather hang out in my room instead. I have broadband internet now hooked up to my laptop so I can actually access the internet. The dorm I am in does not have internet or cable so television is not an option. Anyways we clean the dorm and help the army out when they need our help. There are about 60-70 people awaiting for their classes to begin so there are a lot of us to do very few details. Other than that weekends we are on our own, we have restrictions, like no alcohol and tobacco products in the dorm or to be consumed, no coffee or energy drinks allowed, we have certain uniforms we can only wear outside of the dorm. I mean this is just a transition period from an environment of almost all restrictions to an environment that has the least amount of restrictions. Perhaps preparing us for what the operational USAF has to offer. It was a gruesome and rewarding process.

Congrats on surviving. We still have snow otg (some, much is gone) here in NORH county. More snow on the way maybe, after a period of boring weather since mid Feb.

I will be skiing in a few hours, again Sunday night.

Good luck to you in the new life!

Why anyone wouldn't want it to snow is beyond me.

Clearly you missed the point of all that before :)

Look - I like interesting Meterology... Any snow threat beyond any given March 15 is interesting - despite that, I don't allow my personal druthers get in the way of my interest in Meteorology.

Archived