northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Joe, got to enjoy every minute, this world gets crazier every day. Kicking it off tonight with a pit, car bombs FTW. Damn Jamison is good stuff.

Irish whiskey for the win brother........enjoy yourself! And the pit! Julie and I are heading out alone for the first time in months doing a little Fairfield pub crawl with some friends.

And the world is getting crazy, but is it that much more crazy then when we were kids?? Who knows.

Have fun tonight, libation posting begins at 1130 pm est.

Yea should be a great week to imbibe in libations après ski. I am so pumped , looks like we hit Sugarbush Sat after leaving Maine. They are having the Dumont Cup at SR this week, crazy X games skiers. Heavy imbibing on the deck watching Pete like Sickos doing crazy shi t. My two friends coming with me have had some terrible tragedies recently, my job is to help them forget their worries for 8 days. I promised them snow and cold 3 months ago, phew perfect timing.

Great news Ginx, go to MRG, skip the 'Bush.lol Hope you have a fantastic time, glad you're back on the snow.

Great news Ginx, go to MRG, skip the 'Bush.lol Hope you have a fantastic time, glad you're back on the snow.

Well I am not that well, MRG would kill me LOL. I did the beast three times this year, that little hill is so much fun. Okemo has really improved every year, wind holds are always my biggest concern. IDK why I never had a helmet but I actually like it. Nothing like jammin to some Aerosmith, Led and Zappa while floating.

Well I am not the well, MRG would kill me LOL. I did the beast three times this year, that little hill is so much fun. Okemo has really improved every year, wind holds are always my biggest concern. IDK why I never had a helmet but I actually like it. Nothing like jammin to some Aerosmith, Led and Zappa while floating.

I grew up only wearing a helmet when racing and even then not always (S,GS). Doing what I do now I wouldn't really think of skiing without one. Glad other people still listen to Zappa. I can't ski with music. I get so much info from the sound of the snow that it just makes me feel like I'm skiing blind. I love the B'east, it's been a great place to teach my daughter and there is enough steep stuff that I can take a few runs for myself. I wish Winter never ended.

I grew up only wearing a helmet when racing and even then not always (S,GS). Doing what I do now I wouldn't really think of skiing without one. Glad other people still listen to Zappa. I can't ski with music. I get so much info from the sound of the snow that it just makes me feel like I'm skiing blind. I love the B'east, it's been a great place to teach my daughter and there is enough steep stuff that I can take a few runs for myself. I wish Winter never ended.

Well one thing is for sure it will not end this week. Dinah mo hum.....

Well one thing is for sure it will not end this week. Dinah mo hum.....

No it won't. I love how every year people get duped by false Spring only to have Winter return with a vengeance. The prancing Spring fancies will be bummed. BOX's forecast for the the Highlands here has turned decidedly colder and snowier. Nice.

Timing is looking pretty decent here - probably in by 6 or 7 AM so we gain a foothold before the sun can start warming things. It will taper off as -RN I suppose around noon. I dunno if I should believe the GFS bulls eye of close to .75" near ALB. That may be a model fiction.

Meanwhile ALY doesn't think much of accumulating snow in their afternoon discussion.

My mom flys to FL Monday morning. My sister flies there Thursday morning. I'm suppose to leave on Monday the 28th. The GFS has snow threats on all three days. HAH

AWT's flying around like Halloween candy

I love that it comes in here early enough to stick and cause road problems..farther east may be tougher

Japan teleconnection, MJO NAO, pretty good combo. Not discounting the LA heavy precip teleconnection either. Things got very very interesting today, delayed not denied.

It's snowing in the AK stomping ground as well. Another solid 6-8 weeks of skiing for me. April will be big.

You guys are confusing me. I thought everyone was agreeing that Monday's event was the lesser of the two this week? Am I reading it is opposite now? Maybe that is for NNE. What are we looking at for the MetroWest Boston area during these two events? Is any of this going to be plowable?

Archived