Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'63-'64, while we're at it.

You might actually get a couple inches and then freeze it Monday night and it could survive until the mid week event.

Not the most exciting proposition, but I'd rather look at white ground than brown grass.

You might actually get a couple inches and then freeze it Monday night and it could survive until the mid week event.

Not the most exciting proposition, but I'd rather look at white ground than brown grass.

He's in climo mode for lower elevations, but I've been trying to tell him that accumulating snow is not a long shot. This isn't exactly a setup just for high elevations, other than it benefits the areas to the west, because it comes in a little earlier.

He's in climo mode for lower elevations, but I've been trying to tell him that accumulating snow is not a long shot. This isn't exactly a setup just for high elevations, other than it benefits the areas to the west, because it comes in a little earlier.

I know that I'm usually one of the best lower spots.

Yeah that's probably about 3" or so for you. It sagged a little more to the south.

I'm thinking it comes in a little after 12z here. Could be a nice burst for about 3 or 4 hours. Maybe a little longer. I'm surprised this whole thing trended a bit colder as we got closer. Two days ago I was thinking maybe some mood snow to start but that would be it, now it looks like measurable should be likely and perhaps 2"+

And all snow in Newry Maine

Oh yeah... how long are you up there man? This event is starting to look really good for the NE new england interior spots from NH Lakes Region through western ME mtns... always a climo favored spot with a SWFE.

It was surprisingly cold today after yesterday's warmth... high was 32F briefly and and up at 1,500ft it never left the 20s... teens near 4,000ft. A nice 30F drop from yesterday and it looks like this cold has some staying power. Melting halt.

18z GFS basically has a typhoon_tip "Cold thickness" inverted trough event that last like 36 hours after getting scraped by the main precip shield for the Wednesday/Thursday event.

Could be a fun week for us. It may not verify as much, but there's a few ways we could manage some decent snow over the next 5 days.

ski country is going to have a fantastic week, think I may take the family up to Okemo and do some skiing next thur-sun, a couple turns for me then to the fireplace and relaxation.

Yea should be a great week to imbibe in libations après ski. I am so pumped , looks like we hit Sugarbush Sat after leaving Maine. They are having the Dumont Cup at SR this week, crazy X games skiers. Heavy imbibing on the deck watching Pete like Sickos doing crazy shi t. My two friends coming with me have had some terrible tragedies recently, my job is to help them forget their worries for 8 days. I promised them snow and cold 3 months ago, phew perfect timing.

18z GFS basically has a typhoon_tip "Cold thickness" inverted trough event that last like 36 hours after getting scraped by the main precip shield for the Wednesday/Thursday event.

Even the one behind that looks interesting. It would be nice to see another couple widespread snows, but at the very least its refreshing to have some threats at least show up on the models after the past week or so.

Could be a fun week for us. It may not verify as much, but there's a few ways we could manage some decent snow over the next 5 days.

Yeah well with that blocked setup, there's a couple ways we can get some accumulating snow. We have some options which is rare for so late in the season. Very anomalous airmass in the mid-levels.

I'm thinking it comes in a little after 12z here. Could be a nice burst for about 3 or 4 hours. Maybe a little longer. I'm surprised this whole thing trended a bit colder as we got closer. Two days ago I was thinking maybe some mood snow to start but that would be it, now it looks like measurable should be likely and perhaps 2"+

AWT's flying around like Halloween candy

I love that it comes in here early enough to stick and cause road problems..farther east may be tougher

Oh yeah... how long are you up there man? This event is starting to look really good for the NE new england interior spots from NH Lakes Region through western ME mtns... always a climo favored spot with a SWFE.

It was surprisingly cold today after yesterday's warmth... high was 32F briefly and and up at 1,500ft it never left the 20s... teens near 4,000ft. A nice 30F drop from yesterday and it looks like this cold has some staying power. Melting halt.

Love it, 8 days, 6 Maine, 2 VT, ya never know may show up at your doorstop.

Yea should be a great week to imbibe in libations après ski. I am so pumped , looks like we hit Sugarbush Sat after leaving Maine. They are having the Dumont Cup at SR this week, crazy X games skiers. Heavy imbibing on the deck watching Pete like Sickos doing crazy shi t. My two friends coming with me have had some terrible tragedies recently, my job is to help them forget their worries for 8 days. I promised them snow and cold 3 months ago, phew perfect timing.

Steve, I hope your friends find strength in the fun times, dendrites and libations, have a great trip and enjoy yourself!!

Archived