Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter returns with a vengeance thread again

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a good thing this is south of the BM 5 days out. The ensembles are very close to the OP track, but seem just a tad further north with thicknesses.

A lot of the GFS ensembles get snow/crap line pretty far north, so there's certainly some signs of a potential further north bump. Given that its already hard to get comfortable at 108 hours...especially this year with the way the models have been....its even tougher in this given the late climo and the gradient of thicknesses. Could be a relatively short distance between the haves and have nots.

A lot of the GFS ensembles get snow/crap line pretty far north, so there's certainly some signs of a potential further north bump. Given that its already hard to get comfortable at 108 hours...especially this year with the way the models have been....its even tougher in this given the late climo and the gradient of thicknesses. Could be a relatively short distance between the haves and have nots.

I'd rather end up too far N, than s....I'll take my chances.

Yeah the GFS ensemble mean were pretty far north with the mid level features..probably due to some of the more milder solutions. I'm well prepared for a meh solution, but of course deep down...I want just one more decent event.

The euro ensembles have been cooling off a bit in later range. I don't think it's out of the question to have some more threats, given the blocking...but emphasize THREATS..lol.

I'm reeled back in! I am taking messenger out Thursday night....how ironic to have that snowed out....lol..

Will take a blizzard....I haven't eaten in three days...big big meal incoming.

Good, I was dismayed to watch you leap from the bandwagon.

It wasn't really a leap...more like a gradual tip toed shuffle after 3+ weeks of no-winter.

Both threats are for those from the pike north, and Thurs might be north of that.

Meanwhile

50/23

Another beautiful sunny day, congrats to ski country on a fantastic spring week of winter weather!!!:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

37 here. Sun is out now, cold wind off the water. Awesome paragliding day....the regulars have been back and forth for a few hours. Great forcing up the cliff. Hang gliders having a tougher time with it, almost too windy.

Will take a blizzard....I haven't eaten in three days...big big meal incoming.

It wasn't really a leap...more like a gradual tip toed shuffle after 3+ weeks of no-winter.

Winter never left here.

37 here. Sun is out now, cold wind off the water. Awesome paragliding day....the regulars have been back and forth for a few hours. Great forcing up the cliff. Hang gliders having a tougher time with it, almost too windy.

Love paragliding at the beach.

Havent' been able to look at too much stuff the last week or two. Nice to see a couple wintry possibilities in teh works. I thought my daughter's delay last week was going to be the last of the season. Guess I might have been wrong.

Came down to visit my daughters in MD for the weekend, so missed out on yesterday's 57.3 high back at the pit. Guess we can perhpas put the meltdown into reverse for a while and get a little gain.

39.9/16 back at the pit but 58 here at BWI.

Archived