Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Reactor meltdown possible in Japan.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably very bad

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/16/us-japan-quake-smoke-idUSTRE72F0AW20110316

Smoke now is coming from #3.

NHK just said workers can't go out and measure...cannot approach storage pool because the radiation is too high.

The problem here is all of these pools are on the top floors. At least 2 or 3 are exposed to the open air now....

Can someone post the correct link for the next press conference? I can't figure out WTF I'm watching...one shows some dude staring at a bunch of LCD's...

10:53 TEPCO smoke may be coming from #3s spent fuel pool

11:02 Cannot confirm temp of #3

514 spent rods are stored there.

Radiation has leaked from 4 of 6 reactors...Japanese PM.

Can someone post the correct link for the next press conference? I can't figure out WTF I'm watching...one shows some dude staring at a bunch of LCD's...

10:53 TEPCO smoke may be coming from #3s spent fuel pool

11:02 Cannot confirm temp of #3

514 spent rods are stored there.

edano on nhk:

mms://nhk-world.gekimedia.net/nhkw-highm

last night 1000ms, fell to 600-800m/s now spiking again

all workers now evacuated

even the 50 that were kept there

Someones gota being staying there? Maybe for the future of nuke plants..A remote control room many miles away or below ground could help thwart such a problem.

Some perspective:

Of the 2,044 nuclear weapons tests worldwide, there have been 711 in the atmosphere or underwater: 215 by the U.S., 207 by the Soviet Union, 21 by Britain, 45 by France and, 23 by China.

The last atmospheric nuclear weapons test occurred on 16 October 1980 in China. The first was on 16 July 1945 in the U.S.

It is estimated that the total yield of all the atmospheric nuclear weapons tests conducted is 438 megatons. That's equivalent to 29,200 Hiroshima size bombs. In the 36 years between 1945 and 1980 when atmospheric testing was being conducted this would have been equivalent to exploding a Hiroshima size bomb in the atmosphere every 11 hours.

Being an old fart I was around for almost all of them and I'm still here. Not trying to minimize what is happening at all but this is not a doomsday scenario. Even if the worst happens it will be a mere speck compared to what we purposefully dumped into our atmosphere during those years.

Time for the world to step in with all resources. CNN just made a great point, why leave this in the hands of 50 overworked obviously stressed out workers. It ain't getting any better.

You can't force help on people. If Japan/TEPCO wants outside help in the form of man power, I'm sure they'll ask and the world will respond.

Time for the world to step in with all resources. CNN just made a great point, why leave this in the hands of 50 overworked obviously stressed out workers. It ain't getting any better.

apparently the 50 are no longer there???

I agree....this could become a global response gig.....

just heard him state they are preparing water pumping.......which would require a crew on the site.....so perhaps the 50 are still there and rotating time in the control room????

CNN has new alert govt official....workers have suspended operations

geez info coming form there is a mess.....

Archived