• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Reactor meltdown possible in Japan.

The lady in the presser said both...as did some of the commenters. I don't know, would 2msv be too dangerous to work?

CNN reporting no workers but I think you're right. I understood it as they cannot work ON the reactors....but that they are still there.

CNN has said 3 times in the last 5 minutes I've been watching, that there is a core group of around 50 workers trying to avert disaster.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The container of the No.3 reactor of the quake-hit Fukushima No.1 nuclear power plant is feared to have been damaged and may have leaked radioactive steam Wednesday, emitting high-level radiation, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said.

The radiation level briefly topped 2 milisievert at the plant, its operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. separately said.

The explanations were given after smoke was seen rising from the No.3 reactor since around 8:30 a.m., according to Edano.

==Kyodo

That's interesting. Do you know what effects Canada experienced?

Fairly sure they were negligible, but livestock across Europe were impacted. Sheep in Britain are still today monitored/etc for radiation etc, and apparently some of the more rural dwellers in Scandinavia were affected by eating contaminated reindeer etc (this is all from Wiki, but I've read about it in legitimate books before, and the sheep in Britain are known as one of the more prominent far-reaching effects of Chernobyl). Not that the two are or will be comparable.

The press conference I'm watching now indicates 6.4msv was measured in the control center. MIT/Wiki reports 8.4 was the highest reading so far.

that's bad but within the range of radiation we've been seeing the last two days..certainly not to the level of acute poisoning...but when I heard 600-800 msev or a 1 sv being reported here earlier I thought the **** had really hit the fan.

Yeah, I guess. What were you trying to say in your post? It didn't make any sense to me.

You said some needed to die, I said none of us know what they are facing and who among us would step up to face death. Step up is the wrong term, sacrifice everything, would be better, things like family, friends. This is movie stuff. I imagine most are scared sheet less and want to get the f out of there.

If the radiation is indeed 1sv then it's all over as far as saving the reactors. they will all meltdown as no one will risk saving them with such high radiation levels. might as well kiss that area good bye for a while. just hope there are no large explosions to disperse the radiation to tokyo or surrounding cities.

Archived