• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

Just got back from class, we have exactly 6" of snow from the storm. Looking at the radar we might be able to squeeze another 1" of snow. The snow has been that type of 6:1 rainy/snow mixture, it has completely caked on everything. I haven't had the chance to measure the QPF amounts since 7AM, so I will wait for the storm to be over to let you guys know. Side note, the GFS is still indicating northern PA receives 2-5" from a mini storm saturday night before the deluge.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from class, we have exactly 6" of snow from the storm. Looking at the radar we might be able to squeeze another 1" of snow. The snow has been that type of 6:1 rainy/snow mixture, it has completely caked on everything. I haven't had the chance to measure the QPF amounts since 7AM, so I will wait for the storm to be over to let you guys know. Side note, the GFS is still indicating northern PA receives 2-5" from a mini storm saturday night before the deluge.

Hey PC....made a quick stop north of PITT. How are the roads up there? We should be in your neck of the woods late afternoon. The light snow has let up here...roads are just wet.

Hey PC....made a quick stop north of PITT. How are the roads up there? We should be in your neck of the woods late afternoon. The light snow has let up here...roads are just wet.

The roads are miserable here at least, its just hard to plow it since its caking on everything. The roads might be ok up until clinton county I'm sure, I haven't heard of any reports further south of here. The storm kinda underperformed, but I think alot of that has to do with the crappy ratios. You should be fine though, because in about 20 minutes the storm will be just about done.

The roads are miserable here at least, its just hard to plow it since its caking on everything. The roads might be ok up until clinton county I'm sure, I haven't heard of any reports further south of here. The storm kinda underperformed, but I think alot of that has to do with the crappy ratios. You should be fine though, because in about 20 minutes the storm will be just about done.

Still coming down, but the edge is pushing through, that was a great burst of snow. Whoever is just to the east of me may pick up a quick 1-2".

Getting a little wind here now, but not bad.

The snow is coming down though, picked up a fresh coating pretty fast.

Just some snow of the bs variety down here off the mountain. Was pleasantly surprised how well the snowpack held up, still looks to be the 3-4 inches i measured late last night during the rain with no major holes. I suspect the monday storm will be a different story.

Just some snow of the bs variety down here off the mountain. Was pleasantly surprised how well the snowpack held up, still looks to be the 3-4 inches i measured late last night during the rain with no major holes. I suspect the monday storm will be a different story.

I thought for sure we'd lose more snow here than we did. It's compressed down, but the grass is still covered in 95% of the areas I saw. Helped that we held between 32-34° for the entire event.

Archived