• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

I could see a stripe of 2-4" between I-99 and Rte 119. If the nam is to be believed, parts of the northern mtns would see warning snow. But I think this is overdone too. Maybe add 10-20% onto the euro qpf. and that seems reasonable at this point.

Thanks, Tony. Appreciate it.

Walked into class this morning and there is still snowcover in the woods north of campus. A large area that is about 75% covered. Perfectly oriented and shaded slopes still have 4-6" in many places. January 6 - March 4 is a pretty good run.

It's funny, there are parts of town like our backyard that is almost free of snow then there are yards with lots of snowcover.

Park Forest still have some but hell, they are the snowcover kings and will have it until July drunk.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we still have snow / ice at our place.

the driveway is really bad at the bottom with ice.

first pic is of the ice at the top of our driveway....the 2nd pic is of our yard (old dirty nasty snow)

not all of the yard / driveway is covered...around 50% snow/ice & 50% grass/mud.

post-803-0-90132600-1299266178.jpg

post-803-0-31856200-1299266187.jpg

LOL...its rain who cares how much we get...I want as little as possible. Btw... just measured we still have widespread 2 to 5 inches of high water content snow on our side of the mtn.!

Some people do care. It's much more exciting than sunshine. And the peoples houses that might flood care. Thanks.

HPC maps are interesting. Thanks for posting.

It's plausible with the trof going negative when/where it is, with nice comma snow(rain) moving through PA into WNY. Dynamic cooling, a cold high and strengthening coastal all point to this type of scenario.

However, a later trof tilt and there will be no appreciable snow. Only 1 to 2 inches of rain.

I'm LMAO at the CMC and NAM for the amount of snow they give central and northern pa :arrowhead::arrowhead: . While the GFS doesn't even show an inch, who will win nobody knows :snowman: . We are going to have to worry about the flooding first. I took 4 different snow core samples, two at my house and 2 on the local ridge tops around 2200ft. I had between 1.3-1.6" at my house and then an astounding 3.5-4.0" on the ridge tops in the wooded areas! The potential for 1-2" of rain plus that runoff from the snowpack is going to reek havoc on the waterways in central and northern pa.

I'm LMAO at the CMC and NAM for the amount of snow they give central and northern pa :arrowhead::arrowhead: . While the GFS doesn't even show an inch, who will win nobody knows :snowman: . We are going to have to worry about the flooding first. I took 4 different snow core samples, two at my house and 2 on the local ridge tops around 2200ft. I had between 1.3-1.6" at my house and then an astounding 3.5-4.0" on the ridge tops in the wooded areas! The potential for 1-2" of rain plus that runoff from the snowpack is going to reek havoc on the waterways in central and northern pa.

Wow, that's an impressive amount of water sitting around.

Also, the runoff is going to smell bad? :devilsmiley:

Wow, that's an impressive amount of water sitting around.

Also, the runoff is going to smell bad? :devilsmiley:

Lmao :whistle: you know what I meant haha. Yes, I thought it was impressive also, the higher elevation snowpack around me hasn't melted much throughout these past rain events. I measured 15" in some areas on the ridge tops in the wooded areas and I only have 6" in my back yard! The elevation difference isn't that much at 650ft, but it's a good 3-4°F difference though, which is enough to keep 2x as much snowpack around.

Archived