• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW at new NAM...even if it's overdoing precip.....2 to 2.5 inches would spell a lot of trouble...not to mention we still have a healthy snowpack in the mountains on NCPA.

It's also shifting east like the gfs and euro.... making for more snow west of I-99/Rt 220. But again, take the qpf with a grain of salt.

1 to 1.5 inches should be handled ok by most waterways

Clarion River is now forecast to stay below flood stage

Further east, Towanda to Marietta may see some flooding

Marietta

Towanda

I was just wondering that as i drove across the river today, running full and the potential for heavy rains up north in the basin. . If I remember right when it hits 54-56' it starts to effect front street in Marietta. Water comes up from the storm drains.

I was just wondering that as i drove across the river today, running full and the potential for heavy rains up north in the basin. . If I remember right when it hits 54-56' it starts to effect front street in Marietta. Water comes up from the storm drains.

Susquehanna will be the one to watch. Much of the basin will pick up 1.5 to 3 inches of rain, and there is still an impressive snowpack across south-central New York that will be draining down as well. Looks like most points on the main stem are forecast to see borderline moderate flooding.

Thanks dude, I love the site btw. I'm kinda in the dark on this storm...not a lot of talk going on in here lol.

Here are some rain gauges for Lycoming county

http://www.lyco.org/...t.aspx#Lycoming

http://www.lyco.org/...GaugeSites.aspx

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/marfc/west_branch_susquehanna.htm

Bottom of this page is river observations.

http://www.erh.noaa....ema/monitor.php

Projected Wmpst and Jersey Shore Crest

WOW at new NAM...even if it's overdoing precip.....2 to 2.5 inches would spell a lot of trouble...not to mention we still have a healthy snowpack in the mountains on NCPA.

Yeah, no kidding, and the snow raised an eyebrow to me - it wasn't that bullish on snow before.

Susquehanna will be the one to watch. Much of the basin will pick up 1.5 to 3 inches of rain, and there is still an impressive snowpack across south-central New York that will be draining down as well. Looks like most points on the main stem are forecast to see borderline moderate flooding.

I went to the District 3 AAAA b-ball championships in Hershey today (York High FTW) and when we went along the Susquehanna it did really look high.

The changeover to snow and colder conditions in the upper Susq. Valley will help save places downstream! As we are aware, there is much water held in the snowpack up north and those downstream need it to stay in the snowpack with the modeled amount of liquid precip falling over the Susq. basin within the next 24-36 hours.

post-2819-0-91397400-1299366901.png

post-2819-0-59853700-1299366946.jpg

post-2819-0-44537900-1299367002.png

This could be a pretty impressive storm in a lot of regards....I'm keeping an eye on it for flooding, I just have that feeling.

I don't have that feeling, maybe it will flood for other areas, but potter or McKean doesn't look to be the case. So far we only have .50" . I'm thinking we will see between 1.25-1.6" of rain, which won't be enough to cause major problems, maybe just for the smaller creeks but nothing this area can't handle. It will probably be a longgg time before we see a flood like 72' or 42' , Agnes was a BEAST of a storm and one for the history books for quite sometime. I'm more impressed for the snowfall part of the storm, it keeps looking better and better with each run of the models. I would be quite impressed if we receive 8" from the back end of the storm, that doesn't happen very often. :snowman:

I'm thinking PotterCounty would be over joyed if that come true. :snowing:

I would be in a snow coma for a week :snowman: , I just have to laugh at its outcome, NAM would be king forever in my book if it was true. It's busting hardcore for QPF so far so I have to put it in the outlier column for now, I'm definitely going with the GFS, it has been spot on with QPF totals so far.

Archived