• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIVEN THE UNCERTAINTIES DESCRIBED ABOVE..QPFS WERE DERIVEDFROM A MEAN BLEND OF MDL AND ENSEMBLE DATA WITH 48HR STORM TOTALQPF ENDING 12Z MON 7 MARCH RANGING BTWN 1-2 INCHES..WHICH IS WELLWITHIN THE GEFS PLUME SPREAD /PERHAPS ON THE LOWER SIDE/.EXPERIENCE AND PATTERN RECOGNITION SUGGESTS HIER AMTS COULD BELKLY GIVEN SLOW SYS MVMT AND MAGNITUDE OF HVY RAIN PARAMETERS.

Who has two thumbs and a completely new website to show off? This guy.

If you guys don't mind, check out my new baby: www.witf.org

New site I designed, built and launched just went through the DNS'. This is Central PA's NPR/PBS station - we also have a magazine and a ton of media services available. It's basically five sites rolled into one.

And I've worked 110 hours since Sunday. Time for a beer.

(OK, back to the really boring weather we've had for two or so weeks now. All snow's gone, even parking lot piles except a few in grocery store lots there were massive)

New site I designed, built and launched just went through the DNS'. This is Central PA's NPR/PBS station - we also have a magazine and a ton of media services available. It's basically five sites rolled into one.

(OK, back to the really boring weather we've had for two or so weeks now. All snow's gone, even parking lot piles except a few in grocery store lots there were massive)

Hey....very nice! And thanks for ensuring that the weather made it on the home page. :)

Hey, stop spamming your site. :P

Looks good.

Cold here this morning, down to 12°. Now at 27° after a high around 33-34°.

I have products up.

189128_204872472862962_203514829665393_855935_6627089_n.jpg

FLOOD WATCH

AWXC PA

10:10 PM THU MAR 3 2011

AWXC IN PENNSYLVANIA HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...

ADAMS, BEDFORD, BERKS, BLAIR, BRADFORD, CAMBRIA, CAMERON, CARBON, CENTRE, CLEARFIELD, CLINTON,

COLUMBIA, CUMBERLAND, DAUPHIN, ELK, FAYETTE, FRANKLIN, FULTON, HUNTINGTON, INDIANA, JEFFERSON,

JUNITA, LACKAWANNA, LANCASTER, LEBANON, LEHIGH, LYCOMING, MCKEAN, MIFFLIN, MONROE, NORTHHAMPTON,

NORTHUMBERLAND, PERRY, PIKE, POTTER, SCHUYLKILL, SNYDER, SOMERSET, SULLIVAN, SUQUEHANNA,

TIOGA, UNION, WAYNE, WESTMORELAND, WYOMING, YORK.

...UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY MORNING...

A STORM SYSTEM WILL FORM IN THE PLAIN STATES TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW AND MOVE OFF TOWARDS THE NORTH

HOWEVER, THE COLD FRONT INVOLVED WITH THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL SLOW DOWN WITH A LOW FORMING

ALONG IT. THIS WILL BRING VERY HEAVY RAIN SATURDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY. RAINFALL OF 1.5-2.5 INCHES

WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA. HEAVY RAINS AND FLOODING HAVE ALREADY

AFFECTED THE WATCH AREA OVER THE LAST WEEK AND WATERWAYS ARE STILL RUNNING ABOVE NORMAL, THAT COMBINED

WITH THE WET GROUND GIVE THE POSSIBILITY FOR FLOODING.

~BRISKO

FLOOD WATCH

AWXC PA

10:10 PM THU MAR 3 2011

AWXC IN PENNSYLVANIA HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...

ALLEGHENY, ARMSTRONG, BEAVER, BUTLER, CLARION, CRAWFORD, ERIE, FOREST, GREENE, LAWRENCE, MERCER,

VENANGO, WASHINGTON, WARREN.

...UNTIL 11 PM SUNDAY NIGHT...

A STORM SYSTEM WILL FORM IN THE PLAIN STATES TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW AND MOVE TOWARD THE AREA

BRINING VERY HEAVY RAIN SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. RAINFALL OF 1.5-2.5 INCHES IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE

WATCH AREA. HEAVY RAINS AND FLOODING HAVE ALREADY AFFECTED THE WATCH AREA OVER THE LAST WEEK AND

WATERWAYS ARE STILL RUNNING ABOVE NORMAL, THAT COMBINED WITH THE WET GROUND GIVE THE POSSIBILITY

FOR FLOODING.

~BRISKO

Nice.

How about this one.

www.analystwxcast.org

tongue.gif

Nice and clean site!!! Enjoy you cold one!! :beer:

Seen the first robin of the year today. Spring is getting closer.

Zach

Whats the Nam and GFS showing? I have been out of the loop today?

We live near a stream so we see a few robins all winter. They hang near water, the ones who stick around.

You have a nice site also!!

Thanks for the storm info.guys

Jamie

I didn't know that robins was around all year. Thanks

Starting to see some starlings around also.

Yeah, the hanger-ons are rare and I some winters I don't see any. I saw one in January on Penn State campus where I guess the underground pipes create enough heat to melt the snow cover.

The Euro and NAM are kind of interesting snow-wise with the last part of this storm. CTP has this:

THE 8H TEMPS IN THIS SLOWER SCENARIO WILL DIP INTO THE SUB-ZERORANGE SATURDAY NIGHT IN THE FAR NW...AND THROUGH THE DAYLIGHTHOURS ON SUNDAY IN THE ALLEGHENIES. SUNDAY NIGHT WOULD SEE A TURNTO MAINLY SNOW OVER THE WESTERN HALF OR EVEN TWO-THIRDS OF THEFCST AREA. THIS WOULD BE SIGNIFICANT...AND QPF FROM BOTH THE ECMWFAND NAME AFTER THE CHANGE - ESP SUN NIGHT - WOULD BE ENOUGH TOMAKE AN ADVISORY SNOWFALL. WILL MENTION SNOW IN THE FCST...BUTHOLD OFF ON ANY DETAILS...AS THE BOUT OF MOD-HEAVY RAIN AND POSSFLOODING WILL OCCUR FIRST. THIS SYSTEM HAS LOTS OF MOISTURE TOINGEST AND PLENTY OF TIME TO DEEPEN THE STORM. ALL SAID...THISSTORM WILL PRESENT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING...THAT IS A WIDEVARIETY OF WEATHER TO DEAL WITH.&&

HPC map:

day3_psnow_gt_04.gif

What's your thoughts on snow at the end of this? Advisory numbers?

I could see a stripe of 2-4" between I-99 and Rte 119. If the nam is to be believed, parts of the northern mtns would see warning snow. But I think this is overdone too. Maybe add 10-20% onto the euro qpf. and that seems reasonable at this point.

Walked into class this morning and there is still snowcover in the woods north of campus. A large area that is about 75% covered. Perfectly oriented and shaded slopes still have 4-6" in many places. January 6 - March 4 is a pretty good run.

Archived