• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

Not sure what to make of the radar. Seems like the back edge is collapsing, but I suppose a deform band sets up somewhere?

We are at 44.1 and dropping steadily. We were at 50.1 at 7 am.

Hope you guys can see something measurable out of this, even though I'm home for Spring Break. Still 53° with mod-heavy rain at the moment. The new automated rain gauge reads .86" for the day.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to make of the radar. Seems like the back edge is collapsing, but I suppose a deform band sets up somewhere?

We are at 44.1 and dropping steadily. We were at 50.1 at 7 am.

The low pressure wave riding up the coastal plain has a nice comma head of heavier precip and should reset the back edge of deform precip (and looks like it has since i've come back from church) near Pittsburgh where it should remain somewhere between there and us for awhile as the low rolls up by us. JST is 30 and over to unknown now but appears to be snow on some of the roadcams. AOO and UNV prolly has another 1-2 hours before mixing starts. Accumulations are ultimately going to depend on how long the precip screws around turning over and how hard it falls during the daylight hours.

1.09" of rainfall for the storm and 3.0" of snow at the moment. The deform band looks to be pivoting back towards the west a little bit, filling in the back edge of the precip. It's not snowing very hard but if we can keep snowing for a few more hours, we could end up with 5 or 6" :snowman: Someone in Tioga or Bradford county is getting slammed right now and should have the highest totals for PA, that is where the heavier snow is occuring for the storm.

Archived