• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Does anyone else get in a better mood when its cloudy

Ji

Not me, especially in the summer. When I wake up in the morning in the summer on days with a severe wx threat the FIRST thing I do before anything else is look out the window to see if it's cloudy or if there is a good deal of sun. If there is a good deal of sun than I get very excited, if there are more in the way of clouds than I get really pissed off, unless it's just the usual morning fog which burns off.

or am I the only moron who spirits are higher when its cloudy than sunny?

Nope, I love cloudy days. Especially in the winter when it is cold and we have a snow pack. But even in summer, I don't mind cloudy days. I did a search to see if there is a name for it, but all I found were things about seasonal affective disorder, which is the opposite. (People get depressed from the lack of sunlight) I have room darkening shades in the bedroom so I have somewhere to go that is partially dark (plus it helps sleeping)

Nope, I love cloudy days. Especially in the winter when it is cold and we have a snow pack. But even in summer, I don't mind cloudy days. I did a search to see if there is a name for it, but all I found were things about seasonal affective disorder, which is the opposite. (People get depressed from the lack of sunlight) I have room darkening shades in the bedroom so I have somewhere to go that is partially dark (plus it helps sleeping)

I definitely do have the reverse SAD.....I dislike the sun and longer days that come with the warmer months. I much prefer a low cloud overcast. Days and days of sunny weather make me quite irritable and I often need to have the curtains drawn in that type of weather. Warm weather too....I do not adapt to warm weather (above 80) and much prefer below zero.

It depends on my level of energy. If I'm extremely tired, and received little sleep the night before, I love when I wake up to a cloudy, dark sky that allows me to sleep until late in the morning. However, if I have alot of energy I need to burn, I usually like when its sunny, because it helps me wake up early and allows me to go outside, and enjoy outdoor activities.

Me, too.

Me three. I'm always in one foul mood in the winter when the sun shines. In winter I would be in heaven if it were dark, grey, and cold every day. I can tolerate the sun in the summer with so much outdoor stuff going on, but even then I really enjoy a totally cloudy day with cooler temperatures.

I definitely do have the reverse SAD.....I dislike the sun and longer days that come with the warmer months. I much prefer a low cloud overcast. Days and days of sunny weather make me quite irritable and I often need to have the curtains drawn in that type of weather. Warm weather too....I do not adapt to warm weather (above 80) and much prefer below zero.

I could have written this. I have never been able to handle hot weather, and the part about the days of sunny weather...I thought I was the only one who hated that. :lol:

I could have written this. I have never been able to handle hot weather, and the part about the days of sunny weather...I thought I was the only one who hated that. :lol:

There those of us out there.....a few I have met. It's fortunate I was able to move north....I couldnt stand the weather where I grew up in Kentucky. No winter to speak of....always about 50 miles south of the rain/snow line it seemed which ran often near the Ohio River, and 4 months of the 3H weather. What is so odd, but so true is that I go through a period of almost depression like feeling in the spring time when things get green and leaves come out. Once it occurs my mind if you will can get used to, but going from our snowcover right to greenup is not a fun time of the for me. Everyone else is jubilant, and no one understands why I feel the need to shut the blinds and hit the A/C. Takes all kinds... The best day for me is a High of 5 below with a wind chill of 30 below and light snow. Worst day sunshine...south wind at 30 mph and 90 degrees. Worse yet having 3 or 4 days in a row of sunshine with little cloud cover in between. That is why I couldnt live in the desert southwest......

There those of us out there.....a few I have met. It's fortunate I was able to move north....I couldnt stand the weather where I grew up in Kentucky. No winter to speak of....always about 50 miles south of the rain/snow line it seemed which ran often near the Ohio River, and 4 months of the 3H weather. What is so odd, but so true is that I go through a period of almost depression like feeling in the spring time when things get green and leaves come out. Once it occurs my mind if you will can get used to, but going from our snowcover right to greenup is not a fun time of the for me. Everyone else is jubilant, and no one understands why I feel the need to shut the blinds and hit the A/C. Takes all kinds... The best day for me is a High of 5 below with a wind chill of 30 below and light snow. Worst day sunshine...south wind at 30 mph and 90 degrees. Worse yet having 3 or 4 days in a row of sunshine with little cloud cover in between. That is why I couldnt live in the desert southwest......

I grew up in NY and then moved to NJ, so I've never had to endure what you did in Kentucky. I went on vacation to Fort Lauderdale, and I was miserable..couldn't wait to get home. I agree with everything else you've written, but my ideal day wouldn't be 5 below :D...just a bit warmer.

weird..i feel the exact same way. While everyone is celebrating spring...im in denial and depression. I just feel so much more energized when its cloudy. Summer is depressing as you can have 40-45 straight days of straight hot sunshine without a rain drop.

i need to move

weird..i feel the exact same way. While everyone is celebrating spring...im in denial and depression. I just feel so much more energized when its cloudy. Summer is depressing as you can have 40-45 straight days of straight hot sunshine without a rain drop.

i need to move

You are definitely on the wrong coast.

Usually, the darker it is, the better I feel. Nice sunny days bring out people, their raucous pets, and worst of all, their bratty little kids; ugh. But with darkening storm clouds, or better yet, the dark of night, there is peace and serenity. I often do my grocery shopping around midnight; free from the madding crowd.

The worst part of the day is that morning hour when twilight arrives; heralding an end to my private darkness. Knowing that brutal sunshine will soon arrive, I huddle under my covers, wishing I could turn the clock back....just a few more hours please!

Okay, I can enjoy a nice sunny day once in a while but it's just not my norm. And if you haven't guessed by now, I'm diagnosed with "major depression - recurring." My main problem is not day/night reversal (common as dirt for those with depression,) but extreme lethargy; that is, doing simple chores requires monumental effort.

Cloudy days? No problem.

:pimp:

I don't like having too much of either condition. When I was in State College I'd yearn for the sun during the winter because of the ever present clouds. Here in Boulder Colorado I miss good cloudy days... but even more I miss a good stratiform rain. It's way too sunny and dry here! I could never make it in a true desert.

Archived